DVDVR Message Board

Ligerbusa

I went to see Terminator 2 in 3D a few weeks ago. The 3D didn't really do anything for me but hearing the theme blasting from theater speakers during the intro is still fucking amazing.

Also, T2 3D in Orlando is closing down next month. Thank god I got to go twice during Mania week.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

38177036_1719729044806356_24520361282371

Official first look at the new #Terminator featuring Natalia Reyes “Dani Ramos”, Mackenzie Davis “Grace” and Linda Hamilton “Sarah Connor”. Directed by Tim Miller (Deadpool). Produced by James Cameron and David Ellison. In theatres 11.22.19.

---

From Terminator page on Facebook.

On 9/22/2017 at 5:41 AM, Ligerbusa said:

I went to see Terminator 2 in 3D a few weeks ago. The 3D didn't really do anything for me but hearing the theme blasting from theater speakers during the intro is still fucking amazing.

Also, T2 3D in Orlando is closing down next month. Thank god I got to go twice during Mania week.

That be my, "I'm marking out, bro!" moment.

I've said for years the big problem with the Terminator franchise was they kept worrying about Arnold while Linda Hamilton was the irreplaceable one.

Guess this is their chance to prove be horrible wrong.

I still want a conclusion to TSCC

14 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I won't touch Genysis with a ten foot pole and figured I was just done with this zombie franchise. Then I found out Mackenzie Davis is in this.

Please don't hurt me, Terminator people. 

Genysis was bad, but it was better than 3 or Salvation.

If the bar gets much lower, it'll be the floor.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Not even during the nuclear explosion? That would be sick to see in 3D, or in IMAX. 

I thought the 3D was done very well.  Shots like the truck crashing over the bridge while the T1000 is chasing John on the motorcycle were pretty awesome.

I forget who said it, but someone made the argument that this whole time it was never Arnold who sold the Terminator franchise or made it work, it was Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor. I think it probably has more to do with fucking shitty, I mean, just the shittiest scripts being picked for garbage like Salvation and Genisys, but I just want a good Terminator movie. It would almost be amusing that the missing key this whole time was Linda Hamilton.

The bar is set so fucking low though. Their job is to make a movie better than Salvation and Genisys...GENISYS...LOOK AT THAT FUCKING SPELLING! Ugh, the only thing that Genisys did well was having our heroes travel through time, leaving Arnold behind, our heroes arrive in the future, and Arnold is still there. Except even that is fucked up because they had to workshop why a Terminator would look old. Christ.

When you sit down to bullet point out everything fucked up or wrong about Salvation or Genisys you would start to wonder how those two didn't go straight to video. The most interesting thing to come out of Salvation was Christian Bale blowing up on set and then you have Genisys where Matt Smith is in the fucking thing for maybe 5 minutes, making the mistake of making the movie about the journey and not the destination, John Connor as a Terminator being spoiled in the 2nd trailer, and on and on.

If this new entry can't be better than those, don't make any more Terminator movies.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I liked all the Terminator sequels.  None are going to touch Judgment Day, obviously, but all are fun in their own way and not egregiously bad. 

T3 is indefensibly awful

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I like the "crane" sequence a ton but Claire Danes and Nick Stahl are laughably bad. 

It's a bad ass car chase.

But you have shit like the TX growing her boobs and so many terrible jokes.

I think at the time it was just nice to have another one, and Arnold had already gotten older and had his heart problems so it was cool to see him in Terminator shape again. Plus, it has a really good ending. Honestly one of my favorite scenes isn’t in the movie but a deleted scene that is at least a fun dumb joke instead of the pretty offensive stuff they left in. 

• Haha 1