DVDVR Message Board

Ligerbusa

Well...they put up a thing on Twitter last night telling everyone to use #TerminatorUnlock to unlock the new trailer. Ten hours later, it's only 54% unlocked.

They teased with this truly terrible image.

CCbzkajUwAAgDYc.png

I know CGI is still being worked on but god damn, it looks like someone copy and pasted a Terminator eye on his face.

There was a new TV spot during the MTV Movie Awards.

The close up of young Arnie looks great....

CCcRyUoUMAA3J_R.jpg

But it looks poor in motion...

CCcRyVTUEAAe3tA.jpg

And this shot seems to have degraded...

11138517_848793341823751_374865453025806

Here is the trailer

MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS!!!! DO NOT WATCH!!!! I AM NOT KIDDING!!!

Okay - there is major major plot info in this trailer and if you are trying to go in completely cold DO NOT WATCH IT!!!!

Okay - my job here is done

EDIT - Just in case folks are wondering what I am referring to - they are in regards to Vile One's spoilers from earlier in this thread.

Again - this is more than a "oh... the ending is in the trailer"

Boy, you weren't kidding. I'm not bothered, but I can't help think of how much cooler it would have been to keep that shit a secret and let audiences be surprised.

• Like 1

That...  was movie execs panicking and saying, "Everyone is really fucking confused by that last trailer.  We need to show them EVERYTHING this time, and maybe they'll come and see this."

• Like 1

I still want to know why Old Arnold is old.  Terminators age?

I believe so. I think the skin ages and shit.  I'm not watching the second trailer.  Basically I'm at the "first trailer kind of sucked but this is Terminator so I'll probably go watch it anyway"  stage.

I still want to know why Old Arnold is old.  Terminators age?

I believe so. I think the skin ages and shit.  I'm not watching the second trailer.  Basically I'm at the "first trailer kind of sucked but this is Terminator so I'll probably go watch it anyway"  stage.

Arnold said that in the original script for the original, it was said the terminator skin aged. 

That new trailer left me more confused.

I just realized something. There has to be a larger twist or plot point, something that overshadows what was in this trailer. We now have two trailers and one of the movie's 4 stars has been missing in each.

Yeah, no Matt Smith in either trailer.

Dude has been touted as having a large role, was on the cover of Entertainment Weekly for this movie, and he's been nowhere to be seen. That's why I now feel that whatever was shown in this most recent trailer may not be that big of a deal if something bigger is lying in wait.

I'm sure that's it. Considering that these characters should already be aware that terminators of varying types can impersonate people, I'm not sure why Sarah would think a nano-Terminator was really John.

I was said at some point that the movie takes place in 3 time periods (the future, the 80s and something else) and the third time period is being kept secret.  Maybe the Terminators go back to the 1800s to eliminate Caleb O'Connor before he can anglicize his name and have offspring.

There is that scene in the trailer where young Sarah is talking to what appears to be a young pre-teen John.  So I guess she visits him in the third timeline.  

Also remember, they are planning some kind of trilogy.  So all the answers are probably not going to come in this film.

I'm expecting to see Matt Smith in only two scenes, his role is big..but it's not a big part in this film, he's really a set up to the next two.

If you really want to know, I covered this on page 5 but...

Smith is disguised as a soldier in the future war. He's out of focus behind Connor in the original trailer. He infects Connor with the T-5000 nano mites that take over his body. SkyNet takes a human hologram form in the 2017 scenes, starts off as a little kid and in the credits teaser, the adult form is Matt Smith.

Sarah talking to little John...

Apparently that's young Kyle Reese and the John v/o is to throw us off for some reason.

It cost at least $170 million, so how much did you think it cost?

Dunno, but it doesn't really have a superstar cast or really look that huge.

Lets say it cost $170M.  I'm not sure what it can do overseas but with markets like China now who are feasting on American popcorn action I would expect it to do alright. Say it makes around $100M here.  Throw in DVD/Blu Ray sales, etc..   I think it will easily make it's money back. I don't see it being a hit though. But $300M+ worldwide? I can see that.

It cost at least $170 million, so how much did you think it cost?

Dunno, but it doesn't really have a superstar cast or really look that huge.

Except for Arnold Schwarzenegger, who doesn't come cheap.  With a budget of $170 million, you have to factor in at least another $100 million for P&A.  Putting together all these advertising packages and getting airtime for the Super Bowl doesn't come cheap.

Lets say it cost $170M.  I'm not sure what it can do overseas but with markets like China now who are feasting on American popcorn action I would expect it to do alright. Say it makes around $100M here.  Throw in DVD/Blu Ray sales, etc..   I think it will easily make it's money back. I don't see it being a hit though. But $300M+ worldwide? I can see that.

The $170 million number came from Entertainment Weekly.  Even Terminator: Salvation made $371 million worldwide, despite only earning $125 million domestic.  That still wasn't good enough to continue in that direction.  Paramount wants a trilogy out of this.  Also, Hollywood studios get less out of foreign sales than they do domestic ones.  

Once again, I just wish this franchise would die with dignity.