DVDVR Message Board

Ligerbusa

That's probably true but I think most of us who grew up with T2 as probably the best action/sci-fi movie of all time believed that there was mileage left in the franchise and also wanted to see Arnold one last time. I actually enjoyed Rise of the Machines so maybe that's another issue. I wasn't as down on the franchise as others.

I was dubious but cautiously optimistic for both T3 and Salvation.  Neither delivered.

But I do have a much better idea:  Continue The Sarah Connor Chronicles as a comic book, and stop doing movies.

• Like 2

One would think a machine like Skynet that can crack time travel is able to figure out the plot of the first movie.  It was a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Skynet by inciting the events of the first movie brought about the instrument of its own destruction with the siring of John Connor.  Ultimately, John Connor's birth to turn the tide of the war was meant to happen.  

• 1 month later...

I don't know why someone would program a robot to age.

Seems to be losing the one thing that makes a robot so useful.

Well, it's the skin that ages, it's not like he's rusting on the inside.

No one expects the sweet old grandpa with a box of roses. 

I've actually come around a bit on Jai Courtney. He's OKish. Emilia Clarke looks good in this too.

Old Arnie...eh, it's just a bit sad at this point. Like Hogan or Flair whenever they stumble into the ring. Whatever he had...I don't think he has it anymore. A lot of his charisma was, obviously, based around being this big, young, powerful guy and now that's gone. I hope I'm not being 'ageist.' It's just how I see it.

Yeah, Clarke seems to have worked up a good Linda Hamilton impression. That's about the best I can say about this.

Of course, Anton Yelchin had a pretty good Michael Biehn impression in SALVATION, and that didn't do much to help matters.

• 5 weeks later...

So I ended up buying the first two movies on Blu-Ray after Chrimbo (if there'd been a box set of all 4 that was cheaper, I'd have got that. But there wasn't... and who needs Rise o'Machines or Salvation, really?). Couldn't spot any differences between the extended version of T2 and the version I knew, so maybe the extended cut is the version that's on the telly now. Lots of extras I haven't watched yet on T2. Basically bugger all on T1.

I bet they'll release another T2 Blu Ray and make me buy that movie a fifth time. 

The Ultimate Edition DVD was cool because the menus were inside SkyNet as Cameron had pictured it with a Terminator factory and the TDE. And you'd get the extended special edition by typing in August 29, 1997 with your remote.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

John Connor is the villain and a Terminator.  Fuck this movie. Fuck this entire franchise for not dying with dignity.

The footage basically looks like a Family Guy cutaway gag or a movie riff from The Critic.

It's like all of you have forgotten what this board was like pre-Terminator Salvation.  I haven't.  This entire board was excited as fuck when that trailer with the Nine Inch Nails song dropped.

• 2 months later...

Amazon has been running a poll this week asking customers which of a handful of summer movies they are most anticipating. Predictably, the Avengers sequel is the runaway favorite.

But GENISYS has been running dead last all the way. At one point, its vote total was as low as 4%.