DVDVR Message Board

Ligerbusa

I was actually going to post asking how they were going to explain the T-800 looking 60 years old.  After reading Arnold's explanation......um....what?  Don't get me wrong, I'll be right there in the theater to see it, but the sudden idea that Terminators have aging skin is pretty suspect. 

As far as being a fan of the series, these days as an adult, it's not unusual for me to see a movie in the theater more than once if I love it.  But when T2 came out I was a teenager, and money was much more scarce then, so if I was going to spend money on a movie, it needed to be something new each time to get as much out of my money as I could.  But Terminator 2 was an exception, man.  I saw that shit 3 times in the theater.  Which is why I stopped reading that blog above as soon as he suggested that Terminator 2 wasn't awesome and that the T-1000 was anything less than badass. 

I was actually going to post asking how they were going to explain the T-800 looking 60 years old.  After reading Arnold's explanation......um....what?  Don't get me wrong, I'll be right there in the theater to see it, but the sudden idea that Terminators have aging skin is pretty suspect. 

Well the way he explained it in the movies, they have living breathing skin over the exskeleton and the T-800 has a battery life of something like 120 years. I like the prospect of a Terminator who has aged over the years. But after seeing Arnold on RAW, they're gonna have to CGI the hell out of him to make his rubber face look 55.

• Like 1

In the script for T1, the T-800 was going to eat a candy bar, complete with wrapper. It was supposed to help the living tissue from decomposing. A Terminator with aging skin isn't an awful idea. It might make them better infiltrators in a long war. Killer Cyborg Abe Vigoda would be scary.

I've heard of worse ideas....

Dayo Okeniyi (Hunger Games) will be playing Danny Dyson instead of John Boyega. Deadline describe the character as...

...a Steve Jobs genius who figures heavily into the conclusion of the film. The young man holds the key to technology development that makes Skynet possible. 

They also say the second and third movies will be filmed back to back over nine months.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/dayo-okeniyi-lands-final-terminator-lead/

I guess that means Boyega booked Star Wars. Good for him. That's a much better deal than doing another dud attempt at resurrecting the Terminator franchise that will just get junked after one movie so that somebody else can reboot it again in another 5 years.

Byung-hun Lee, who played Storm Shadow in the G.I. Joe movies, has been cast in a key role in Terminator: Genesis, the reboot of the sci-fi action franchise being made by Skydance and Paramount.

Also joining the cast are Mad Men actor Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt.

Lee's role is being kept locked in the deepest vaults of Cyberdyne, I mean Skydance, but it promises to be a doozy.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/gi-joe-mad-men-house-692427

• 4 weeks later...

Seems Drew McWeeny of HitFlix has read the script. He talks about a scene he described to Bill Paxton at 6:39 in this video.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/second-episode-of-ask-drew-digs-into-terminator-genesis-rumors-and-more

Confirms what's been going around. We see the scene from the original Terminator where the T-800 kills the punks. Then another Terminator steps into the scene of the crime. This Terminator is older and BEARDED.