DVDVR Message Board

All things Bond...James Bond. Bond 24 Title announced.

The Natural

Guest The Magnificent 7

The Bourne movies fucked nobody except people wiling to accept film editing by mentally ill people as professional work.

Which, I guess, explains Quantum of Solace.

I couldn't sign in fast enough to like this.

If I cannot appreciate your fight choreography, your editing is bullshit.

The apartment fight from Bourne Identity is nearly perfect.:

The house fight between Bourne and the Professor from Bourne Supremacy was edited by someone going though DT's.

The fight between Desh and Bourne from Ultimatum is okay,

But the editing done for the scenes in the train station is so slapdash it is unbelievable and the dialogue is so rushed that you barely know what is going on.  I loved all of the Bourne movies but I also hate them for making shaky cam so popular.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the first thing I saw Monica Bellucci in was Dobermann. I saw L'Appartement after that. Which is totally not the order you're supposed to see them in.

nb: L'Appartement was a romantic comedy about a love triangle that charmed everyone in France as Monica Bellucci was pursued by two men, and eventually fell in love with Vincent Cassell (in real life as well, they've been married for years). They then made Dobermann together, which is a loud, violent, angry, brass-knuckle-punch-to-the-teeth of a movie. Because they wanted to piss people off who thought they were a charming couple. You should watch it, it's good. It's not like Irreversible or anything, not horrible, it's just a fun Heavy Metal movie.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Also, uh, does that gun have two barrels?

Looks like it, and it has two ejection ports and looks like the barrels are threaded so they are going there.  How you are supposed to rock two suppressors side by side is asshattery.  Stupid.

I get Bond movies have crazy gadgets, but these movies of late have been downplaying them for the most part and this isn't as fun as a Lotus Esprit that can act as a submarine.  That actually has a purpose that makes sense and would probably work more than this pistol.

The Green Hornet is a very influential movie. In the article, Dave Bautista says he asked two questions: Is he a Badass? And is he Smart? And the answer to bothwas yes. So he's happy to be playing someone who "Definitely knows what a metaphor is".

Looks like it, and it has two ejection ports and looks like the barrels are threaded so they are going there.  How you are supposed to rock two suppressors side by side is asshattery.  Stupid.

I get Bond movies have crazy gadgets, but these movies of late have been downplaying them for the most part and this isn't as fun as a Lotus Esprit that can act as a submarine.  That actually has a purpose that makes sense and would probably work more than this pistol.

I saw a TV special on a guy that built a crazy concept car that actually could do the submarine gimmick, but it took them a long, long time to get it right because the weight balance of a regular vehicle is so wrong for a submarine, where the weight has to be balanced to the car doesn't just tip straight down. One of those projects people ended up spending millions on for basically a "look at me" end result, but hey, there it was.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, he looks like he's going for a Dark Knight Rises 'Batman can't lift weights anymore because his joints are all buggered, so he's skinny now' look. And I thought we were supposed to be at the point in Bond's evolution when he's gone through his heartbreak and pain and is now all Devil May Care and fuck the consequences, like. Not regretful and hurt.

Also, Dave Bautista intentionally dropped down to 265 lbs to make it look like Bond would stand a chance against him in a fight. If he'd known Craig was going to skinny up, he could have stayed jacked.

No, its a two barrelled gun, you can see the ejector ports on both sides, and the iron sights are down the middle.

I've actually seen two-barrelled guns on gadget sites.  Not practical, but its there.