DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: THE FINALS~! BRYAN vs. CESARO

DANIEL BRYAN vs. CESARO  

169 members have voted

1. 1. WHOSE CUISINE REIGNS SUPREME?

This is the thing though - your argument rests on the implication that Cesaro is streets ahead of Bryan in-ring. Do you think that or not? Comparing him to Hogan and Rikishi suggests you do but you're dancing around it. If you think that then make a case for it rather than going off on tangents based on things you're imagining I said.

And I heard the term 'mechanic' on Austin's podcast and thought it was a nice way of referring to pure in-ring in a vacuum. Which wrestling does not exist within, so people are going to use Bryan's crowd participation as a criteria for separating two excellent wrestlers. Deal with it.

I would believe the amount of people that think Cesaro is waaaaaaay better are few. Maybe a handful. The rest are having to resort to nitpicking (Matt D's words) to sort out a vote. And this is totally fine. However some of the nitpicking is creating alternate realities in which a wrestler is not over, or is only good in front of small crowds, or is fucking coasting on five moves of doom.

To me it's a testament to the quality of this year's final, that people's brains literally cannot operate within the confines of reality in order to choose between the two.

Don't forget that we can discount any Bryan votes from people who have built sentiments towards him from watching him over many years, as we sit twirling our moustaches in our lairs, shouting 'I was right all along!' and cackling as we watch him rise to the top.

To armchair psychologise for a second, jonnylaw seems like the type of guy who sits at a party silently nursing a beer to warm temperature whilst thinking up objective, impartial reasons as to why he's not having a good time.

When I watch Daniel Bryan wrestle I know exactly who he is. He is a man who refuses to hold back, who pushes himself every single moment he is in the ring. A man who will exert every last iota of energy in his body to win. Hell yes I'll cheer for that. He's the most electrifying man in sports entertainment. When I watch Cesaro in the ring I see someone who is a fucking great wrestler. He knows all of these amazing wrestling things, and I'm a real fan of wrestling things so that's cool. But I couldn't tell you much about the man. He's, um, a bit grim?

And I can't believe I've got to be the first one to say this, but has anyone else noticed that his uppercuts are sort of goofy? He swings his arms about like a pantomime marching soldier. And I know boxing uppercuts and European uppercuts are different things, but both are supposed to make contact with the underside of the chin, and Cesaro throws them at the backs of people's heads. Something's really wrong there guys. It's okay, you can all agree with me now.

Wait, it was an advantage for Cesaro to wrestle C-Shows and developmental territories, and a disadvantage for Bryan to main event ppv's against Cena and Orton, and work weekly against The Shield?  WTF?  Is that actually an argument being advanced in this thread?

It gives Cesaro "indy" cred of sorts. We all know that anyone/thing that gets too popular starts drawing criticism just for being popular. People love to be unique little snowflakes, so cheering on a main event star isn't as cool as cheering on the undiscovered by the masses diamond in the rough.

As soon as it became obvious that Bryan was walking out of Mania the champion all the cool kids jumped off the bandwagon. If Cesaro gets the big push they'll move on to someone else.

I went with Bryan solely on the basis of the Cena match, which, mentioned, was the best of the time period in my view by a fairly large margin.

I liked Cena vs Cesaro better that might only be me (only watched them once). I probably voted for Cesaro because I prefer power wrestlers and Cesaro has the best power spots, feats of strengths, and crazy catches in the world. I also liked Cesaro vs Cena, Regal, and the Zayn series, better than DBrys best singles matches (vs Cena and Orton unless I'm forgetting any). 

This thread is hilarious. People truly think that a vote for Cesaro is a vote against Bryan or vice versa? :lol:

Get a grip... It's likely that most people are huge fans of both.

We're 19 days into this.

STOP TAKING THE PATHOS AWAY!!!!!!!

When this is done, I'm going to watch the match these two had in PWG where the central move was a headlock ... for about 10-15 min. Exchanging headlocks, w/ other moves sparsely inserted. One of the most entertaining matches I've seen in some time.

Claudio won, btw.

When this is done, I'm going to watch the match these two had in PWG where the central move was a headlock ... for about 10-15 min. Exchanging headlocks, w/ other moves sparsely inserted. One of the most entertaining matches I've seen in some time.

Claudio won, btw.

Who the fuck is Claudio? Was it some sort of triple threat match?

• Like 1

Claudio won, btw.

Who the fuck is Claudio? Was it some sort of triple threat match?

Shoot namez~! Surely someone got a bingo!

anti-smark culture

anti-smark culture

anti-smark culture

Pimp Cesaro matches outside of Cena, Orton, Zayn, and Regal? Because I'm really not seeing anything else that touches Bryan's year outside of those.

• Like 1