DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: THE FINALS~! BRYAN vs. CESARO

DANIEL BRYAN vs. CESARO  

169 members have voted

1. 1. WHOSE CUISINE REIGNS SUPREME?

Both of which is weird right?  

Your vote doesn't count more in the last hour unless you want the all important "deciding vote cred" which matters to... no one? 

What I find more interesting is that only 56 people have voted so far.

So either a whole lot of you are doing the I DON'T WANT TO DECIDE SO I WON'T VOTE!!!! or folks are trying to wait till the last minute to swing the vote 

Like all undecided voters, they want people to kiss their ass. 

So either a whole lot of you are doing the I DON'T WANT TO DECIDE SO I WON'T VOTE!!!! or folks are trying to wait till the last minute to swing the vote

Maybe some people want freedom to troll without getting backlash spite votes.

I don't think that's what's happening. Lots of votes come at night when people are off work or they've woken up depending on location. Plus I opened things later than usual so votes might be coming in slower than in the past.

The HHH/Authority angle, from start to finish, is one of the most satisfying 6+ month storylines in a long, long time.

Daniel Bryan also won the WWE Championship TWICE in the voting period.

He has all the momentum in the world right now and is heading toward one of the ALL TIME biggest pops in the history of the WWE at the end of WrestleMania XXX.

Cesaro, while fucking amazing, is going to have a strong showing in a battle royale.  That's ultimately what we're comparing here.  Cesaro is a good hand, with a lot of potential, but he's a B+ player.  In all seriousness, he's going to be a frontrunner coming into the 2014 voting period (whether Bryan is eligible next year or not), but he's not there yet.  

#1 - I've used some hyperbole in my posts, but nothing like saying Bryan's story has been one of the most satisfying 6+ month storylines in a long, long time.  Come on.  It has been a horribly disjointed storyline that is likely to end up with a very satisfying payoff at WM, but it is also seemingly only happening because CM Punk left.  Don't forget the "storyline" somehow had Bryan getting penciled in against Shemus.

#2 - Using Bryan's place on the card as an argument for him is laughable, since he won the past two years against CM Punk, who was even higher on the card than Bryan is now.  Compared to those finals, Cesaro is the one in the Bryan role, and Bryan is in the Punk role.  

If this poll's a rockin, don't come a knockin!

Voting for mah boy D-Bry. I think his best matches were better than Cesaro's, he won the Being John Cena title, worked important matches all year long, convinced a Bella to marry him, AND the "YES" chant went mainstream.

2. He is the best hot tag in wrestling, best comeback in wrestling and best underdog in wrestling.  Cesaro hasn't been put in those spots just yet, but Bryan doesn't get all the cool heel cut off stuff either (which was my favorite thing about Bryan Danielson back in the day).

4.  RUNNING CORNER DROPKICK > EURO UPPERCUT.

Bryan is not an underdog anymore.  The whole weak link storyline was built up as him thinking he was the underdog (much like his followers are doing now) when everyone else knew that wasn't the case.

Also, they started RAW last night by positioning HHH as the underdog in his match against Daniel Bryan.  Let that sink in for a minute.

We are the DVDVR board. We know what wrestling is. It's not something you watch while sipping tea and wearing a top hat. 

Speak for yourself.  I watch wrestling while wearing nothing but a top hat.

I have to believe people voting for Cesaro are just people tired of Bryan winning, which is sad, because it really just means they have no faith in Cesaro and are poor fans.

I gave my reasons in my post. They have nothing to do with being "tired of Bryan winning" and everything to do with me enjoying Cesaro more this year. 

It's sad that people can't see that I'm goofing around. SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Sure, in round one. We're in the finals now. It's one thing to spite vote against Punk. At least, that has a purpose. There's no reason to spite vote against Bryan OR Cesaro.

Spite voting is all about who has the worst fans.

So you're saying that based on past results, Daniel Bryan has worse fans than CM Punk?

I have to believe that people voting for Bryan are sheeple who follow the current trends.  They are probably Miami Heat fans, Boston Red Sox fans and whoever wins a lot in futbol fans.

Well I'm voting Bryan, so we know THAT's not the case...

Sure, in round one. We're in the finals now. It's one thing to spite vote against Punk. At least, that has a purpose. There's no reason to spite vote against Bryan OR Cesaro.

Spite voting is all about who has the worst fans.

So you're saying that based on past results, Daniel Bryan has worse fans than CM Punk?

I'm saying that some people who are spite voting are doing it wrong.

Voting for mah boy D-Bry. I think his best matches were better than Cesaro's, he won the Being John Cena title, worked important matches all year long, convinced a Bella to marry him, AND the "YES" chant went mainstream.

Sums it nicely for me. I was for Bryan winning 2011-2013, it would be something if he doesn't win in his best year.

Can a Cesaro voter please direct me to an effective Cesaro promo?

Or a match outside of the Zayn series or Cena matches where he made you care?

THEY DON'T EXIST HA SUCK IT

Lots have been listed throughout the tournament. Furthermore, most people posting in support have Cesaro have made it clear that one of the reasons they love the guy is that he makes you care in pretty much every match, whether it be with a huge feat of strength, a cool character choice, or a spot you've never seen before.

Plus, let's not start talking effective promos. D-Bry isn't exactly the king of them either.

People asking for Cesaro promos really need to watch the interview between Zayn and Cesaro from NXT a few weeks ago where Cesaro basically was like, "I'm above all of this shit."

• Like 1

The HHH/Authority angle, from start to finish, is one of the most satisfying 6+ month storylines in a long, long time.

Daniel Bryan also won the WWE Championship TWICE in the voting period.

He has all the momentum in the world right now and is heading toward one of the ALL TIME biggest pops in the history of the WWE at the end of WrestleMania XXX.

Cesaro, while fucking amazing, is going to have a strong showing in a battle royale.  That's ultimately what we're comparing here.  Cesaro is a good hand, with a lot of potential, but he's a B+ player.  In all seriousness, he's going to be a frontrunner coming into the 2014 voting period (whether Bryan is eligible next year or not), but he's not there yet.  

#1 - I've used some hyperbole in my posts, but nothing like saying Bryan's story has been one of the most satisfying 6+ month storylines in a long, long time.  Come on.  It has been a horribly disjointed storyline that is likely to end up with a very satisfying payoff at WM, but it is also seemingly only happening because CM Punk left.  Don't forget the "storyline" somehow had Bryan getting penciled in against Shemus.

#2 - Using Bryan's place on the card as an argument for him is laughable, since he won the past two years against CM Punk, who was even higher on the card than Bryan is now.  Compared to those finals, Cesaro is the one in the Bryan role, and Bryan is in the Punk role.  

The "storyline" never had anything to do with Sheamus at all.  The Wyatts, yes, but not Sheamus.  The only thing I ever heard about him was hearsay from the IWC.  It's not like there was a matchup graphic featured on Raw for weeks.  

The only "storyline" that does exist is that Daniel Bryan got screwed over by HHH, Orton, and Stephanie over and over again, ultimately losing his confidence and succumbing to the Wyatt family, before realizing he could tap into the AWESOME POWER OF THE WWE UNIVERSE and YES! his way to WrestleMania redemption, and ultimately, the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

You don't have to like that storyline anymore than I liked writing that cumbersomely long sentence, but it's still the storyline that exists.  

• Like 1

Sums it nicely for me. I was for Bryan winning 2011-2013, it would be something if he doesn't win in his best year.

What about this past year makes it better than previous years?  What did he improve upon?  What is he doing now that he didn't do before?    If it is all about the push, then CM Punk should have won in years past, and I'm saying this as someone who voted for Bryan over Punk (I think).

Can a Cesaro voter please direct me to an effective Cesaro promo?

Or a match outside of the Zayn series or Cena matches where he made you care?

Come on, this is just lazy.  Read the threads, as a bunch have been mentioned.  There's the Regal match mentioned, the Kofi match, his Orton match (which I honestly liked better than Bryan's Orton match).  The Regal promo was great, as was his work with Saxton leading up to it.  His promos with Zayn in NXT good.  The clip where he interviewed the NAO that was posted in a prior thread was great.

Plus, pointing to his good matches with Cena as if that is a given lessens the impact of what many people feel was Bryan's best match.  

Some of these arguments are fundamentally circumstantial, and apples-to-oranges.  Cesaro Bryan gets points for not wrestling against stale main event guys/wrestling against other board favorites on NXT, and now he's getting points for what essentially amounts to a lack of exposure.  We've watched Bryan Punk wrestle every week for a year, usually in the main event slot because he's the best, and therefore are completely aware of what he brings to the table.  But Cesaro Bryan is still developing in the main event singles match roll and thus his matches have more capacity for surprise.

Said by a CM Punk voter last year.