DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown spoilers for 21st March 2014

The Natural

Also, how perfect is the timing for Rusev and Lana? He he could be a big deal if the world pops off.

Yeah, the conflict in eastern Ukraine is really going to stoke America's hatred of Bulgaria. Same way the obstinacy of the Karzai government over the Status of Forces Agreement really turned the crowds against the Great Khali.

• Like 11

Also, how perfect is the timing for Rusev and Lana? He he could be a big deal if the world pops off.

Yeah, the conflict in eastern Ukraine is really going to stoke America's hatred of Bulgaria...

In the map that exists in most Americans' minds, everything east of the Oder is just labeled "Mail order brides, Vodka, and torture hostels."

SETH ROLLINS. That was a damn good tag. I enjoyed the Kane/Outlaws beating down The Shield. I could get into the potential six man for sure.

Rollins worked Ryback like a stripper pole.

Dean was awesome breaking Cesaro's chin lock by first trying to bend on of his fingers, then clawing at his arms, and finally going spastic like he was on his last few seconds of air.

In the map that exists in most Americans' minds, everything east of the Oder is just labeled "Mail order brides, Vodka, and torture hostels."

In the map that exists in most Americans' minds, the "Oder" is that weird smell you get when passing an Arby's.

You're honestly discounting the place of xenophobia and geographical ignorance in the history of pro wrestling?

The history or today? Because it's not the 80s anymore. "Big scary foreigner" gimmicks are DOA*. See: Kozlov, Vladimir.

0.jpg

In before someone else makes this joke.

• Like 1

I love when Ambrose gets all spastic like he did in the chinlock. His mannerisms from promos to in-ring stuff is fucking awesome. Speaking of "fucking awesome", Seth Rollins is kinda good at this pro wrestling thing, isn't he? Missed the Kane promo at the beginning, but that was a damn good beatdown on the Shield.

Harper/Cena may've been 5 minutes and some change, but holy SHIT did they cram a lot into those 5 minutes. The ranas, the big boot kicking Cena's head off, biting Cena's arm to get out of the STF... just give these two 20 minutes and blow my mind already.

This coming week I'd like to see some segments where the Shield isolates everyone who participated in that beat down, one at a time, and destroys them.

The Slater one will be the best.  He should be in full-on "scared of Steve Austin" mode hiding backstage.

This coming week I'd like to see some segments where the Shield isolates everyone who participated in that beat down, one at a time, and destroys them.

The Slater one will be the best.  He should be in full-on "scared of Steve Austin" mode hiding backstage.

If that happened I might actually enjoy something about Shield.

Who cares, they're boring!

WrjwaqZfjIY

Just post the link in it's entirety, not the mobile version.

Anyway what's exciting about them?

That's what I get for trying to post from the bar. And I'll tell ya why they're exciting when I get home cause why the fuck am I doing this while I'm out? What's wrong with me? lol Time to put down the phone
  • Like 1

I think you might get it. There's no way they throw Rybaxel (urrrrrrr just typing that makes me want to throw something) into anything that isn't a dark match. 

They sure as shit crammed a lot of good stuff into that five minutes of Cena/Harper and the crowd was not complaining. Shield being the cool heels is just absolutely taking off at this point, I loved the stereo topes. Not enough Cesaro... but is there ever?

I'm confused. Did people really want to see The Ascension and Kane?

Not as such, but I'd rather see just about anyone than the Outlaws.   Hell, Zeb could have volunteered the services of the Real Americans, to suck up to the Authority.

Damn, now I really wish that had happened.

Everything about that Shield angle was great. Much like Rollins having a great run as a heel, I'm pretty surprised to see how great Ambrose is working as a face. Both guys just have a lot of talent I guess. Rollins is totally in his element as a face, though. His hot tag run was Bryan-esque. Ambrose sold nicely as the FIP, and Reigns out-gooning Slater was a good moment. While the beatdown will be overshadowed by HHH/Bryan, it was very well laid out and executed. I haven't been too excited about much Kane and The Outlaws have been doing lately, but they were on point here. 

Cena/Harper was a fun attitude style sprint at least. Harper's got such a deep bag of tricks. He doesn't get big matches that often, but he brings out something new in each one. He used the top rope powerbomb and half nelson suplex against Bryan, the tope against The Shield, and the superkick and hurricanrana here against Cena. I hope Harper eventually gets a title run, but at worst he'll have a great career as an upper midcard/part time main eventer that gets thrown out there whenever a wild brawl is in order.