DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: FINAL FOUR: CESARO vs. ROMAN REIGNS

CESARO vs. REIGNS  

146 members have voted

1. 1. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCK YOU CENA.

Brock does a submission where he grabs his opponents leg and then tries to put his face up their butt, often while nearly grabbing their genitals. How is that worse than a giant swing?

Everyone google image search Brock Lock right now if you think my description if his stretch muffler is off

Second row is a fucking salad toss on some big black guy whose tights I don't recognize

Wrestling is symbolic.

But part of its power is in blurring the lines of reality. There has to be a balance of realism and the illusory reality of wrestling. Part of that realism comes from offense that look or can be easily interpreted as painful, and how wrestlers acknowledge those holds and strikes with their selling. Wrestling is symbolic, but it's different from ballet in that, instead of purely utilizing symbolic signifiers to get the message across, it's constantly trying to trick you that what's happening in the ring is really happening. Credibility in offense is important to the overall package, because the spectator needs something to believe in.

You and I agree on a lot of aspects that make matches and wrestlers good, but I think good looking offense is pretty essential, and without it one needs some Hogan like charisma to overcome it.

Someone has to sell me on the uppercut too. Because it's just a flashy shoulderbutt.

Don't be a Cock.

Not even.

Here is a Cesaro shoulderbutt:

r90BX.gif

Here is an uppercut:

tyson.gif

You'll notice the first one looks like a flashy way of disguising a soft move. The latter is fucking disgusting.

An uppercut involves hitting a guy with your fist.  Cesaro is supposed to be doing a European uppercut, which involves hitting a guy with your forearm, since hitting with a closed fist is illegal in wrestling.

I assume everyone already knew that and are not bothering to explain it for some feed-the-troll type reason

Someone has to sell me on the uppercut too. Because it's just a flashy shoulderbutt.

I feel responsible for this.

Although taking a European uppercut and comparing to an uppercut punch is some of your weakest work. You're better than that.

Now Banky turns? What the hell is the world coming to here?

And Jae, Something Something Cobra most over finisher, I don't know. I'm beset by untrustworthy midwesterners here.

Matt is this close to lapsing back to his North East elitist anti-King of the Hill gimmick.