DVDVR Message Board

RAW 3/17

Phil Schneider

He's just going to use Rowan and Harper

"Just"?  ;)

Yeah, but kidding aside, that's exactly what's gonna happen. And I hope Kane says something like, "I don't like these guys, but no one knows more than me how bad and rough they are, except for you three who they beat" or something like that.

Oh and I laughed when HHH was praising Bryan and said "Anyone else I treated like you would have taken their ball and gone home" and the crowd chanted "CM PUNK."   :lol:

Or Kane credits them for helping him see the light leading to his new personal outlook.  The beat down that awakened him of sorts.

Gives them all something to do for Wrestlemania.

I think they are just trying to find something for the Shield to do since they seem to have abandon breaking them up for the time being.  Kane is  the only relevant name not doing anything at Mania left so it makes sense.  Kane will probably get the Wyatt dudes to help out since they don't have anything to do at Mania at the moment, and they have recent history with the Shield too.

This will all lead to a Cena/Shield Vs. Wyatts/Kane 8-men tag at a house show near you sooner or later.

Edited by _MJ_

I know it got overshadowed by the possible injury, but I can't believe there hasn't been more love for Goldust doing the Gangnam Style dance at Fandango, and for the face Cody was making when he caught Summer Rae like "Yeah, saw THAT coming..."

Or they ignore it out of convenience

It is wrestling so this is probably the most likely scenario.
Or just assume that's the story and have fun. Filling in the blanks by yourself is fun and relieves continuity nerd stress disorder . Works for wrestling, Doctor Who, Star Trek, comic books , and Soap Operas.

Things which I loved:

-Daniel's over the top screaming in pain over simple shit like being slammed off the apron and the table. Why? Because his hands are cuffed behind his back and it would hurt WAY MORE because now your shoulders are being all ground up.

-The defiant kid in the front row who started screaming "Yes! Yes!" because his hero is getting the crap beat out of him right in front of him.

-Triple H dragging Bryan over to the barricade to beat him up directly in front of that kid. Little kid proceeds to hide behind his mother in fear.

-Stephanie's "Not much now is there?" like she was involved while making sure to stand far enough back from Bryan to have a ringpost to protect her. She can talk all the crap she wants, but Daniel Bryan is ALWAYS a threat and she knows it.

-I watched this on the youtube channel, where when Triple H goes to hit Bryan with the chair up against the post they freeze the image and don't show the impact. Made it seem absolutely devastating.

I can't believe they actually made me want to see a Triple H match in 2014. Like, I'm SUPER critical of the Authority thing. I think it's mostly been absolutely terrible and I think it's defenders give it way too much credit for being a "master plan" but oh man, I want Bryan to knee Steroid Stark's head into the fifth row.

Good show tonight with the main event angle really selling the HHH/Bryan match for me. My favorite thing of the night though was Pirata Naomi. She should keep that look as it really makes her stand out from the rest. Well that and her outfit.

Do people really WANT someone to come out to save Bryan anyway? I know it seems weird that Bryan has no friends here, etcetera, but this story really needs to stay focused on Bryan, Triple H, Stephanie, Batista, and Orton right now. Sending out help would have taken away from that and deprived people of a sweet beat-down Bryan must later avenge.

Though the audience and me still would have went nuclear if SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA.

This happens one day soon if they stay the course they are on but it was wise not to blow the load on it tonight.

I'm hoping that happens at Mania; The Shield come out and prevent Hunter or anyone else from getting to the ring and stopping Bryan from winning like they did last year when they'd stand guard and let Bryan get savagely beaten.

• Like 2

Lots of good stuff tonight. Awesome that the Real Americans actually won showing they can still unite as a team.. real good match too. Hope that leads to them involved in whatever tag title match is at Mania. Loved HHH trying to insert himself in to the main event, of course there's no chance of that but the threat of it ruled. Bryan/Orton was another good match from them. Love that they are not breaking up the Shield even after teasing it heavily before, them sticking together is the best. Cena nailed another great promo and I absolutely loved the "Legacy" video... wrestling always needs more music videos. Ending beatdown was very memorable. Figured something sort of bigger had to be happening since they looked to be getting a long overrun. Agree with those who said blood would've been really effective here. Great job putting a ton of heat on HHH.

Crazy-ass "yelling at fans" Randy Orton is the best Randy Orton.

I demand a .gif of that "YOU DID THIS!" moment from Orton, complete with the point. That was great.

Wyatt was awesome tonight and that last segment ruled hard. Great show.

Sad that they've stopped putting out that dance floor for Fandango.

I love the new added stipulation in HHH-Bryan. Now you're going to have people going nuts paranoid Hunter will book himself to be in the Triple Threat so he can win the title instead. Doesn't matter that if they wouldn't send Orton-Batista out there to die, they sure as hell won't do Orton-Batista-HHH but people will be focusing and worrying on the Bryan match even more now. They're playing the meta game so well now.

Love that.

• Like 3

I had to look up "unmerciless" in a dictionary: archaic, but applicable.

If I was booking the HoF, I would make sure that Rowdy Roddy Piper stayed out all night with Ric Flair, reliving old times, the day before the Hall of Fame  ceremonies. Hungover Piper's dressing room would be conveniently located next door to the Cocaine Cabinet © which "happened" to be unlocked. THEN he could induct Mr. T. As it stands in dreary ol' "real life", I imagine a domesticated Hulk Hogan doing the honors.

no popcorn punches,

RAF

I can't believe they actually made me want to see a Triple H match in 2014. Like, I'm SUPER critical of the Authority thing. I think it's mostly been absolutely terrible and I think it's defenders give it way too much credit for being a "master plan" but oh man, I want Bryan to knee Steroid Stark's head into the fifth row.

Yeah, I'm with this. The booking since August has been about as lazy and shitty as you can possibly imagine, they've just had a great run of matches that have made everyone gloss over it but they've finally got their heads screwed right and are building to the right payoff. 

I can't say I was blown over by this Raw like everyone else but the end segment was good, if a bit long (to be expected with HHH) and the Fandango/Goldust match was scary. That 8 man tag match was super depressing though since all 8 guys in that have absolutely no direction and they have absolutely no idea what to do with any of them. One of them is the Intercontinental Champion. The Andre Battle Royal is helpful for them since it gives off the illusion that they actually had a plan for 30 guys and not that they just couldn't be bothered to stop eating chinese food in booking meetings and come up with some for them.

I really would love to see Judge Harold T.Stone presiding over RAW with all these arrest angles one time, in-character, but that might be too dated a reference for today's audience.

Face Shield is interesting, but what do they do with them?

• Like 1

Best opening and closing segment on RAW I’ve seen in a while. Legit LOL at Batista saying “The reason they love Daniel Bryan ‘cause as WWE World Heavyweight Champion, you suck” and Orton's reply "You don't mean that, take it back". Very good No DQ match between Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton. Great promo by Bray Wyatt, my favourite so far in the led to Wyatt/Cena at WrestleMania XXX. The promo video for that match to Eminem’s Legacy needs seeing. Great closing segment continuing Daniel Bryan vs. The Authority.

After RAW, its the first time I'm into the builds for the feature WrestleMania XXX matches, the triple threat for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H and John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt. Always looked forward to The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar.

That 8 man tag match was super depressing though since all 8 guys in that have absolutely no direction and they have absolutely no idea what to do with any of them. One of them is the Intercontinental Champion. The Andre Battle Royal is helpful for them since it gives off the illusion that they actually had a plan for 30 guys and not that they just couldn't be bothered to stop eating chinese food in booking meetings and come up with some for them.

I don't think it's depressing. They are victims of trying to fix the problems caused by CM Punk leaving. They are also victims to more attention being paid to the tag team scene than to mid-card singles. I personally think it's more important to concentrate on finding a spot for Kane on the Wrestlemania card rather than figuring out something for most of the guys in this match. I'm not really bothered by the idea of there not being an IC title match. At best, it'd probably be the 7th-most important match if they had one.