DVDVR Message Board

RAW 3/17

Phil Schneider

It is during beat downs like that where the no blood policy sucks. Also when I look at Bray all I see is his face blood soaked on the cover of the magazines I read as a kid.

Bray in a wrestling t-shirt, though is two notches too close to a guy at an ICP show.

• Like 1

Ok, we all seem to agree that Raw was awesome and that final segment will be talked about for years. Can we talk about the actual most important thing on Raw? Dolph Ziggler now has a Padawan braid. Does that mean Billy Gunn is a Jedi master? Is Rick Rude Qui Gon Jinn in the scenario?

The beat down was fun but also again you have to ask where were the other FACE's? Cody? Golddust? Cena? Big Show?

Cena is the only face I could see stepping up and trying to save Bryan in that situation, character-wise. He's got nothing to lose (ie they won't even consider firing him) like the rest, he's been painted as friendly with Bryan, and he's supposed to be the ever noble hero.

It's understandable why they don't want to cross feuds though, so, unlike with Brie being MIA until a zombie performance on the post-show, maybe just pretend he left the building after his deal with the Wyatts.

The beat down was fun but also again you have to ask where were the other FACE's? Cody? Golddust? Cena? Big Show?

Cena is the only face I could see stepping up and trying to save Bryan in that situation, character-wise. He's got nothing to lose (ie they won't even consider firing him) like the rest, he's been painted as friendly with Bryan, and he's supposed to be the ever noble hero.

But dude, what about SLAM CITY? Before we know it, Cena could be fired OUT OF A CANNON at the circus, or something.

Great show. Mind = blown that anyone wants to insert a Bella into this thing.

Especially when the money is on Bray abducting the other Bella. Having both damsels in distress would be stupid.

I must say this, Hunter protected Daniel really well during the beatdown.

Part of me thinks that's why it was so long - so that Hunter could get everything in without being too rushed and hurting Bryan.

Do people really WANT someone to come out to save Bryan anyway? I know it seems weird that Bryan has no friends here, etcetera, but this story really needs to stay focused on Bryan, Triple H, Stephanie, Batista, and Orton right now. Sending out help would have taken away from that and deprived people of a sweet beat-down Bryan must later avenge.

Though the audience and me still would have went nuclear if SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA.

• Like 4

Why in the world did nobody come out to help...kinda weird

Because it's wrestling. That's just one of those things in wrestling. Sometimes good guys rush in to save, sometimes it's Tony Garea, Dean Malenko, and Mike Rotundo, and sometimes it's nobody. 

• Like 4

That was about as good as of a heel beatdown as you could have during the PG era. The only one I can think of that was better was Orton to HHH/Steph. I knew it was unlikely, but I think what could've made this one #1 without any question was if it ended with HHH choking Bryan with his tie. 

Loved Orton yelling at that fan who said "ring the bell." Orton was actually in top form the whole match.

Bray/Cena promos were kinda strange in the sense that they went from "generic Cena feud material" to "super serious possible defining moment" type stuff in a week. I liked it though, and Bray deserves an opportunity like this.

The Shield's face turn was kind of underwhelming, if that was in fact their full turn. I was hoping they'd wait til Mania or the night after for that. I assume Kane tries to recruit a knockoff Shield now to "replace" them. I'd be ok with Rusev, Zayn, and Bo Dallas showing up in all-black faux combat gear next week for a semi-comedy feud that results in a good match at Mania.

Great show. Mind = blown that anyone wants to insert a Bella into this thing.

Yeah, I think I'm I'm the only person remembering Brie getting terrorized by Orton a couple months back. They tried inserting her into storylines, it was terrible.

Just to appease the continuity sticklers, WWE writers lurking here: please have Brie on commentary next week throw in a line about Nikki restraining her backstage because she feared for her safety if she came out.

He's just going to use Rowan and Harper

"Just"?  ;)

Yeah, but kidding aside, that's exactly what's gonna happen. And I hope Kane says something like, "I don't like these guys, but no one knows more than me how bad and rough they are, except for you three who they beat" or something like that.

Oh and I laughed when HHH was praising Bryan and said "Anyone else I treated like you would have taken their ball and gone home" and the crowd chanted "CM PUNK."   :lol: