DVDVR Message Board

RAW 3/17

Phil Schneider

I love Xavier Woods' Cobra t-shirt on the post show. All Bryan's friends and Renee showing their concern. Brie riding in the ambulance. The whole beat down was great. I was fooled by the setup with the fake cops. Steph and Hunter are so great at this shit.. 

Eminem's "Legacy" showing up for a Bray/Cena video package?  NICE!

This was a great RAW. Great build to WrestleMania so far..

Brie is with Bryan backstage as he's being put in the ambulance.

I'm fine with her not coming out during the beat down. Not every girlfriend has to do the Elizabeth "cower over your man and beg for mercy" gimmick.

I just want her to unleash Briemode on Steph at Wrestlemania

I'm fine with her not coming out during the beat down. Not every girlfriend has to do the Elizabeth "cower over your man and beg for mercy" gimmick.

Not only that, but what's to say she wouldn't have gotten her ass whooped too

Oh yeah, Goldust going .5 Shawn Michaels over Fandango botching the 'rana and evidently nearly getting him hurt was something to see.

Dustin Runnels looked legit pissed after his match.  It was real, so that's why I'm using his shoot name, guys.

• Like 5

Talk about your money final segments.  Stephanie yelling "Drown him", Bryan yelling "You hit like a girl!".  You gotta give credit to Triple H for changing his character to hen-pecked cerebral assassin.  That last segment was amazing.

I've said it multiple times, if a man gets into a bunch of fights as an adult, he is either an asshole, or his wife/girlfriend is a crazy person.  HHH's wife is a crazy person, and the face he makes when he listens to her talk looks all to familiar to me. 

• Like 3

I just want her to unleash Briemode on Steph at Wrestlemania

Hurricane pitcher on a pole match. BOOK IT.

Watching the RAW Backstage Pass on the Network and they just showed Bryan getting loaded in to an ambulance with Brie by his side, and she had absolutely no emotion going on. It was like she was on a leisurely stroll next to her husband, who just happened to be getting carted away on a stretcher. She wasn't even trying to emote anything. If she had come out during the beatdown with that "emotion", it would've completely ruined an awesome segment.

If they never acknowledged Brie and Bryan being together, I think this angle would be the perfect time for Bryan and AJ to get back together on screen by having AJ take out Stephanie.

Talk about your money final segments.  Stephanie yelling "Drown him", Bryan yelling "You hit like a girl!".  You gotta give credit to Triple H for changing his character to hen-pecked cerebral assassin.  That last segment was amazing.

I've said it multiple times, if a man gets into a bunch of fights as an adult, he is either an asshole, or his wife/girlfriend is a crazy person.  HHH's wife is a crazy person, and the face he makes when he listens to her talk looks all to familiar to me. 

He almost stepped in it at the end:

"THIS IS MY RING>^^OUR RING>........OUR I SAID OUR STUFFFFFF!!!!"

Brie Bella showed up too late for my liking. WWE hasn't found a good balance between presenting Brie/Daniel getting married and Brie/Daniel showing affection/love/etc. when something big is going down. Even a little 'Don't come out there no matter what happens!' backstage segment would go a long way. I think WWE would have hit a higher emotional chord tonight if Brie was restrained and forced to watch. With all that said...the closing segment was still good.

The Eminem inclusion was surreal. It worked in context with both guys but so strange. 

Steph playing "yeah, I'll give him a piece tonight" after she got what she wanted was perfect.

EDIT: ^ she, not he. well both ways I guess

Also, Cena's Bella being called "plastic" was a great shoot comment.

• Like 1

Watching the RAW Backstage Pass on the Network and they just showed Bryan getting loaded in to an ambulance with Brie by his side, and she had absolutely no emotion going on. It was like she was on a leisurely stroll next to her husband, who just happened to be getting carted away on a stretcher. She wasn't even trying to emote anything. If she had come out during the beatdown with that "emotion", it would've completely ruined an awesome segment.

When has Brie Bella shown a hint of emotion in anything she does.  Have you seen those WWE Network commercials?   she doesn't really excude personality

By the way with Ultimate Warrior and Mr T and Jake Roberts getting nominated,  we will be lucky if Hall of Fame ceremony is over at midnight.  

"Hey, Paul...we've got this thing we need you to handle.  There's this match that we really need to be, like one of the biggest matches of the year.  Here's the thing.  Everyone IN THE WORLD knows who's going to win...Also, the two guys in the match will never be on t.v., at least one of them might be there once each, but they'll never be there together, and at least half the time neither of them can be assed to show up.  So, do you mind just like walking out there and sort of just doing the whole thing for everyone?"

"Yeah, I got it."

• Like 15

Yes they do or she's just not that into you.  I don't want to live in your wrestling world.

And is Punk coming out at Wrestlemania to uncuff Bryan a la Rock?

No.

• Like 1

It got really uncomfortable to watch by the end. Bryan being handcuffed and getting slammed on the table had to hurt like hell. But man it just kept going and going. I'm honestly surprised Bryan wasn't busted open by the end of it. It was a brilliant heel beat down, but it just was uncomfortable to watch.

I guess its a good thing it was in San Antonio and not a smark town like New York where they will be next week. Someone would have winged a bottle at them by the end of it.

HHH added himself to the triple threat if he beats Bryan, which makes sense. THE TERMINATOR DID A YES CHANT! Bray and Cena were each incredible in their back and forth promo. Bryan and Orton being given away as the hour 1 main event was surprising, and I was more surprised to see it get a complete match and not turn into a holla holla tag. It was a great match with Orton busting out wacky talking and THE POSE before the draping DDT. The Shield's face turn was glorious. They did an awesome job hyping up the Wyatt-Cena match tonight between promos, a hype vid, and having Bray squash Kofi. The main event angle with HHH and the cops with Bryan ruled. HHH was great as an almost-face, and then just become totally unlikeable. This final bit ruled and would've been a perfect go-home segment for the PPV. In two weeks of shows, WWE has managed to pretty much save WM.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/03/raw-3-17-14.html

Screens -

9bbbde315019693.jpg

9fbe80315020481.jpg

a5835a315024642.jpg

12bca8315025382.jpg

dce97a315027890.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/39v2c4mhjzr5ynfvf2mq2nk37cqes9dw

Oh and what the hell was Orton screaming about with the bell after hitting Bryan with the cane shot.  I assume it was a fan because I didn't actually hear a ring bell like a botch

The other highlight was Christian actually standing up for himself which for a heel was pretty cool.  After about a month of the voice of Vince JBL insulting his looks he just drilled him with lines.  Good stuff

Oh and apparently JBL was Cranky Vince on twitter