DVDVR Message Board

The Chris Gethard Show

Greggulator

• 2 months later...

YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW! The Onion A/V Club just gave it an A!

The disclosure: Chris is my younger brother.The premise: It's a cable access show my brother hosts. It's, on the face, a talk show. He gets different guests to come on and they participate in whatever that week's topic is. One guest close to our hearts: COLT CABANA, who has been on twice. Other guests include: Amy Poehler, Seth Myers, Bobby Moynihan, Tom Scharpling, John Mullaney, R.L. Stein, Rich Sommer and like 50,000,000 other people. He's also had some awesome music guests: Ted Leo, Screaming Females, The Front Bottoms and Shellshag are some starters for that.The real scoop: It's more of like an US version of a Telemundo talk show or a throwback to Uncle Floyd. There are a lot of weird characters on the show, best exemplified by The Human Fish (half-man, half-fish and will answer questions to fill in more of his background.) There have been a lot of really weirdo, great moments on there -- a guest on one show was a dominatrix who beat the crap out of my brother and walked him around in a ball gag and stuff like that.You should totally watch this. It's great. I'm definitely biased but it's super entertaining. Wrestling fans will appreciate it because it has created its own universe.

• Like 1

Ive only ever seen the Night Birds performance on that show and it had a real throw back feel to it.

One of the other guests then ripped the audience for slam dancing!

I loved that episode! Night Birds were great. They went into the show wanting to reenact when Fear was on Saturday Night Live and trashed the place. My brother told them they could do anything they wanted except to trash station equipment. Their crew were slamdancing and someone bumped into one of the female regular audience members real bad. The guest is a regular panelist named Shannon O'Neil who is HYSTERICAL and absolutely insane. She does a lot of stuff at UCB Theater in NYC.

The episode with Screaming Females was awesome.  Especially because THE CAMERA CUT THE BASS PLAYER'S HEAD OFF THE ENTIRE SHOW.

I also saw Chris host a live Screamales concert this past summer near the Rutgers campus - including interviewing the band during another band's sound check.  Awkwardly.  And Marissa gave him crap the entire time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

First off, I came here to look for Zubaz/Gregg because while looking through Reddit, I found that someone had posted the legendary Carmen Sandiego clip he wrote about way back in like 2005 on the old board. Maybe this has been posted before here, but...

Sorry for the Keyboard Cat nonsense, not my video.

Second, I didn't realize you were Chris Gethard's brother. I've never met him, but I did UCB stuff for about 3 years in LA and his name came up a lot because of his reputation in New York. So this thread just blew my mind.

• Like 1

Ha! I'll post the video in Land of Confusion now that it's been properly outed. My friend actually made the Keyboard Cat video. Another friend put up the ACTUAL video of the episode. That story never dies.

My brother taped the pilot for The Chris Gethard Show last night. Colt Cabana and Michael Cera were guests. I couldn't make it (mostly out of nervousness) but by all accounts it was insane and great.

Now it's in the hands of Comedy Central executives. It will probably take a few months before they say yay or nay. But SUPER pumped.

• 5 months later...