DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: ELITE EIGHT - BRYAN vs. AMBROSE

DANIEL BRYAN vs. DEAN AMBROSE  

128 members have voted

1. 1. THE GOAT vs. THE BROSE

As much as I love Dean and think he has been tremendous, you could make an argument that he hasn't been a top flight in ring guy this year, especially compared to the others left in this tournament. I'm not sure I'd end up agreeing, but I'd have to listen. If you made the same argument against Bryan I'd laugh you out of the room.

I voted for Bryan, but I did think about it for a second.  I really liked Ambrose in both of the Wyatts/Shield six-mans a ton, and it still bothers me that Bryan clearly tried to plug Ambrose into his formula match, rather than work anything fresh or different with another good worker when they were paired off together months ago. Still Bryan had the better year.  

• Like 1

I like Dean a lot more this year than the year before. He's way more tolerable as part of a unit. I think he's also wildly more tolerable when they're playing it up as self-aware of his antics instead of him being seriously wild and out of control. Does that make sense? He was more of a dangerous madman in FCW and I just couldn't buy into it. Here he's nutty and dangerous but also full of shit. More of a hyena than a Tazmanian Devil. 

This just came in from a very reliable source.  I hope it gives you all some better perspective.  You can PM Jae to change your vote.

layne.jpg

This is like some fuckin' movie. Friends since second grade, fuckin' like THIS

[crosses fingers]

and then one of us gets himself in potentially BIG trouble, and now we've gotta deal with it; we've got to test our loyalty against ALL odds. It's kind of... exciting. I feel like... Chuck Norris, y'know?

y'know????!?!?!?!?

Is the moderator here?  Moderator?  IS THE BULLETIN BOARD MODERATOR HERE!!?!??!

Change that man's vote!

Also, I've heard through my PM that the following people also want to change their votes.  Note, this spoiler window is only for Jae to read.  No one else should read it because the guys are kind of embarrassed over having to change and I think we should respect their privacy.  So ONLY JAE should open this, and then change the votes listed...but only those!  Remember, if you did NOT PM me to change your vote, then DO NOT CLICK ON THIS!!!!

jaedmc, The Damn Yeti, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0, EdA, Biz Smarkie, SolidGoldBomb, Raziel403, twiztor, Craig H, Red is Dead, Jrag, Stay Gold, goc, DylanWaco, JRGoldman, El Dragon, tmxicon, cubbymark, Ryan, Lazlo Woodbine, The Z, Jason, Joe Fixit, paragon11, acecomics, ARMDRAGON, nate, Dolfan in NYC, steve, w. josh, nofuture, Mike Zeidler, Yo-Yo's Roomie, tromataker, Sublime, SturmCRF, Kuetsar, ultimoDANK, MikeWKO, offspring515, JetBlack83, MushroomJones, just drew, scraylo187, Dewar, alstein, Kubytou, davidb, adamsie, Fat Spanish Waiter, GodzillaPerez, Phil Schneider, keith_h, Cory Paul, Cristobal, JohnnyJ, mattdangerously, caley, Smelly McUgly, AND THE BEAT GOES ON!, BrianS81177, Piston Honda, BL88, Hagan, KidNatural, supremebve, Niners Fan in CT, andrew8798, Jamie Virtue, TimLivingston, IpponDropkick

I voted for Bryan, but I did think about it for a second.  I really liked Ambrose in both of the Wyatts/Shield six-mans a ton, and it still bothers me that Bryan clearly tried to plug Ambrose into his formula match, rather than work anything fresh or different with another good worker when they were paired off together months ago. 

These are my thoughts.  Bryan is definitely settling into a formula, for better or worse.  He can do better and should be varying things up more, but he isn't.

Still, he's had the better year than Dean.

However, I'm voting Dean, because I feel that all of the paperwork involved with setting up US Championship matches has kept him from having as many singles matches as Bryan has had, which is just unfair to him.

Since HHH protected Bryan by keeping the title off of him, Bryan never had to deal with the red tape involved in scheduling title defenses. It allowed him to routinely wrestle several times in one night.

Ambrose on the other hand, had to deal with mountains upon mountains of paperwork. And lets not forget the endless loop of lawyers, accountants and business managers that came along with it.

It's not right. It's WRONNGGGG!!!

• Like 1

Okay everyone from the Cena thread who's annoyed at FSW should be here by now.\

All we need is 80 or 90 people who haven't voted yet and who probably haven't voted in any of the matches so far to all vote for the same guy.

It's probably only a 60% chance of happening at this point. 

Why does the thing at the bottom say i'm the only one here?

GODDAMN IT, YOU GUYS!

• Like 1

1) People will come to their senses. 

2) Jae will do the right thing.

3) Dean can hide out with Dennis Hopper and his blowup sex doll.

and maybe, just maybe Cesaro/Bryan will get just. close. enough that one perfectly timed spite vote will ruin everything. 

• Like 1

1) People will come to their senses. 

2) Jae will do the right thing.

3) Dean can hide out with Dennis Hopper and his blowup sex doll.

and maybe, just maybe Cesaro/Bryan will get just. close. enough that one perfectly timed spite vote will ruin everything. 

...but which way will be ruining it?

I'm pretty sure this is the last round of regular votes and everything after is pure spite.  It's getting confusing for me.  Voting against Bryan was on my checklist to start, but, with Rollins/Harper/Brock going down and the whole Brock/Punk R1 debacle, I'm not so sure anymore.  Spite voting FOR Bryan seems like the way now.