DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R3 Match 6: BRYAN vs. REGAL

BRYAN vs. REGAL  

120 members have voted

1. 1. AMERICAN DRAGON vs. THE BROCK KILLER

I feel there's some truth to that. Lesnar wouldn't have beaten Bryan but he would have received plenty of votes because his fans are more loyal. There's a group of people that would have voted Lesnar over anyone.

This happens every year with Regal. He's great but he works such a limited schedule that when he reaches the later stages of the tournament people feel they can no longer justify voting for him and he gets blown out.

• Like 2

Miracles aren't coming for Regal here, either.

A vote against Brock was a vote against everything exciting and now we get this blowout instead.  I hope you all are happy.

You think Bryan/Lesnar wouldn't have been a blowout?

I feel there's some truth to that. Lesnar wouldn't have beaten Bryan but he would have received plenty of votes because his fans are more loyal. There's a group of people that would have voted Lesnar over anyone.

They're called "idiots".

A vote against Brock was a vote against everything exciting and now we get this blowout instead.  I hope you all are happy.

I haven't looked at the brackets. I'm voting for who had the better year. Is that not what we're doing here.

I haven't looked at the brackets. I'm voting for who had the better year. Is that not what we're doing here.

You're streets behind.

I love Regal and would sooner choose him based on one interview than an entire year's work from most wrestlers.  But I figure even he would choose Bryan over himself, so I don't feel guilty leaving Regal behind here.

I am a Daniel Bryan fan, but dammit no way am I voting against Regal.  He's going to lose, but dammit he's so good it's unreal.  That promo and match with Cesaro was all that I could ask for in a wrestling angle/match.  The lead up to the match, the emotion in the promo, and the match/aftermath were so fucking great.  Against anybody else he might have had a better chance.  Oh, well, it's all about D Bryan now.

• Like 2

But even if Regal only made it to the Sweet Sixteen, his win over Brock will get a prominent spot in the One Shining Moment video at the end of the tournament. I still feel justified in my second round vote.