DVDVR Message Board

The Old School Questions thread

That was just the 1990 Horsemen theme wasn't it? I know Flair hated that haircut but I thought it made him look more with the times. This was before I had a full appreciation of his fluffy-cloud-mullet of peroxide-dead hair

• Like 2

Yes. That was the theme he used on the Wrestlewar and Superbrawl 91 PPVs.

I'm glad I blocked that theme out of my head. When it comes to alternate Flair themes, it's Easy Lover or nothing in my opinion.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Watching an episode of World Championship wrestling from late-January '91. There's a surprisingly competitive match between Tim Horner and a guy named Sheik Ali Shikar.

I haven't watched a lot of this stuff since it aired and I don't remember Shikar at all. Who is he? Did he do anything anywhere? I recognize most of the Center Stage job crew, so this dude stuck out...

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 hours ago, Shane said:

Watching an episode of World Championship wrestling from late-January '91. There's a surprisingly competitive match between Tim Horner and a guy named Sheik Ali Shikar.

I haven't watched a lot of this stuff since it aired and I don't remember Shikar at all. Who is he? Did he do anything anywhere? I recognize most of the Center Stage job crew, so this dude stuck out...

The only other match I could find was a match against Sting from August or September of 1990. No idea who he was.

On 4/10/2016 at 6:57 PM, Thomas Bugg said:

Besides Hogan-Warrior, what face vs face or heel vs heel main events made serious coin? Bret/HBK at WM 12 perhaps? 

Bruno v. Pedro Morales was a HUGE deal that drew 22K to Shea Stadium. Not bad for Face v. Face main event that ended in a curfew draw

James

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J.H. said:

Bruno v. Pedro Morales was a HUGE deal that drew 22K to Shea Stadium. Not bad for Face v. Face main event that ended in a curfew draw

James

I'm actually surprised they don't do this more as it definitely draws more interest and adds to the realism factor. It also makes the outcome of the match a little more unpredictable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J.H. said:

James

It would have drawn much more but there was a horrible downpour for a couple of days and rained the day of the event that hurt attendance.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2016 at 3:25 PM, J.H. said:

James

They may as well have just made it an MSG show. I think that number was a huge disappointment and people complaining about the rain being the reason were just making excuses after the fact.  It was SUPPOSED to be a huge deal.  And it kinda wasn't.

• Like 1

No the rain was definitely and issue when you consider the other Shea shows did better numbers. I mean having to watch th Mets play in Shea is in 197 had to be bad enough but having to sit through wrestling in  the rain at Shea might just be worse!

James

• Like 1