DVDVR Message Board

The Old School Questions thread

7 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

100-man tag with all the Expresses vs all the Connections

Cagematch lists 170 "Express" tag teams and 135 "Connections" so we might need a bigger ring.

E: There are 35 "Midnight" tag teams so if they join up with the Connections we got about even sides.  Midnight Express can pick which one they want.

Edited by Zimbra
  • Thanks 1

The Midnight Connection was definitely the title of a movie Golan/Globus tried to finance at Cannes and failed to get made. “Midnight Connection stars Charles Bronson as a 75-year-old cop who’s taking matters into his own hands. Don’t like that? Okay, Midnight Connection is a Chuck Norris vehicle about a Vietnam veteran whose hometown karate gym is overrun by drug dealers. No? Michael Dudikoff and it’s gun runners? Anybody?”

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

To me, the worst name might have been Rock n Roll Rockets (Al Oerez and Joe Savoldi). 

Ricky Morton and Marty Jannetty teamed up as the Rock 'n' Rockers.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

LOL I was just about to write, "Midnight Connection" and "Caribbean Connection" are a little too close to "The Tampa Pipeline" for my tastes.

A promotion really missed out on a good in-joke by not naming a team "The Tampa Connection" and changing whoever's names to Terry and Ed.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Missing in Action and Death Wish were awesome 

I've watched Missing In Action SO many times as a kid! Same with Delta Force. Death Wish is something that has eluded me, but I think I've seen part 4 and maybe half of Death Wish 3. They actually made a game for Commodore 64 called Death Wish 3 (no 1 or 2, I think?)

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic