DVDVR Message Board

The Old School Questions thread

7 hours ago, J.H. said:

I would swear they did one of those matches between the Freebirds and /Von Erichs at one point because.. .well that just seems like the perfect match for those groups

James

I think they did them after the Fritz Von Erich "heart attack" angle since the Roberts, Gordy, Iceman & Angel of Death version of the Freebirds handcuffed Fritz to the cage when they beat him up. I don't have the WWE Network to verify it but I remember a promo with Marc Lowrance and Bronco Lubich going over the rules and Lowrance being very concerned about the safety of everyone involved in the match.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 11:12 PM, J.H. said:

I would swear they did one of those matches between the Freebirds and /Von Erichs at one point because.. .well that just seems like the perfect match for those groups

James

Six Man Badstreet Elimination Cage match was done in Ft Worth on Labor Day 84. No cuffs...but a great brawl.

Edited by The Great ML

11 hours ago, The Great ML said:

I always took it as black Executioner garb...not necessarily Klan related.

I thought that at first as well...but in the japanese commentary I I'm pretty sure I hear them say "kkk" and "black kkk".

The visual of Khan in all black is quite the striking visual. But I always chuckle when everyone (including the announcers) pops when he removes the hood for every match. Like it's a big surprise lol

• 2 weeks later...

I don't quite understand the idea of the Horsemen being all "anti-gang" anyway. All they ever did was rat pack guys in parking lots and backstage and shit. They were a fucking gang! You can't join a gang and then complain about gangs existing!

• Like 1

So, how different do you think AJPW main event scene would have been in the 90s if Tenryu hadn't left?

The pushing of Kawada and Misawa in particular was hastened by the departure and Tsuruta's ill health, so do you think Misawa is never crowned as the ace the way he was? Is Tenryu king of the mountain throughout the decade?

By being exactly what they claimed not to be, wasn't that just the Horsemen being normal heels? We do things civilized, here! *beats a man with a baseball bat until he's dead in an alley for squealing*