DVDVR Message Board

The Old School Questions thread

11 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

As a wrestler?!

She was there for the first few weeks of TNA. IIRC, she was only in backstage skits where wrestlers and others would give her money. 

Given the way she was dressed ("sexy business woman"), it was suggested she would be revealed as an agent, manager, or someone representing an unseen authority figure. But she was gone after a few weeks -- think she left when HealthSouth stopped funding TNA. 

3 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

Re Jarrett: I guess a hair-vs-hair match qualifies as making a big deal about it. ?

He wanted to have a hair vs hair match and lose, because at the time his wife was undergoing chemotherapy.

The other thing about Ryan Shamrock, is that Ken Shamrock's eldest Son is actually called Ryan.

16 hours ago, AxB said:

He wanted to have a hair vs hair match and lose, because at the time his wife was undergoing chemotherapy.

The other thing about Ryan Shamrock, is that Ken Shamrock's eldest Son is actually called Ryan.

And to add another layer, apparently Vince M or Vince R wanted Ken and Ryan to be an incestuous couple but Ken but the kibosh on it.

2 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

And to add another layer, apparently Vince M or Vince R wanted Ken and Ryan to be an incestuous couple but Ken but the kibosh on it.

Vince and that god damn incest angle. He'll be on his deathbed and his last words will be pitching that angle one more time to Stephanie and Shane.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Infinit said:

At what big AWA show did Diamond and Tanaka have their big match after Badd Company broke up?? I remember them both coming out to "Bad Company" and for the life of me I can't remember which show it was on.

Nothing listen on Cagematch. There are only 2 singles matches for Tanaka in the AWA after they lose the belts; one to Diamond and one to Saito. But there’s a 3 month gap between those matches and the Orient Express showing up in WWF. 

20 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Nothing listen on Cagematch. There are only 2 singles matches for Tanaka in the AWA after they lose the belts; one to Diamond and one to Saito. But there’s a 3 month gap between those matches and the Orient Express showing up in WWF. 

Really?? Could've sworn they had a match at a big AWA show...maybe in Chicago? Or maybe I'm misremembering? Lol

On 12/24/2018 at 7:59 PM, AxB said:

Holy fucking shit.  That is the new carniest thing I've ever heard of.  Like imagine his thought process:

Thought 1: She's undergoing chemo.  I should shave my head in solidarity.

Thought 2: How can I make a buck off this?

• Haha 3

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:46 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Vince and that god damn incest angle. He'll be on his deathbed and his last words will be pitching that angle one more time to Stephanie and Shane.

Do you think he's forgotten that he actually did that angle, with Paul Burchill & Katie Lea?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Do you think he's forgotten that he actually did that angle, with Paul Burchill & Katie Lea?

50 minutes ago, Peck said:

I did. Until you brought it up. Bastard.

While we're on the subject, both blood relatives and storyline relatives:

http://whatculture.com/wwe/5-wwe-incest-angles-wed-rather-forget?page=5