DVDVR Message Board

The Old School Questions thread

Forgot Windham was there as the Widowmaker at the time. Possible.

Even Andre would have been interesting. At the risk of fantasy booking - Horseman come in as the big heel group - steal Andre away from Dibiase, Brainbusters from Heenan, and create tension with everyone heel or face in the process

1 minute ago, RolandTHTG said:

That's a great point re: legitimacy to WWF-only viewers, I hadn't considered that. I just looked at it purely from a basis of seeing the 4 Horsemen turn up in the WWF in 1988/89.

Would have been interesting to see who would have become the 4th member had that been the case. Ray Traylor perhaps? Rude?

Windham was around in 89 so he could've been the 4th member.

Just the idea of JJ doing office tasks while acting as a mole, scheming to re-form the Horsemen on the down low, fills me with glee.  The Apter mags were amazing back then.  I remember a story about how Honky Tonk Man made a deal with the evil spirits of the Mississippi Delta to become a success in the WWF.

R.I.P. Dr. Sidney M. Basil...mourn ya til I join ya

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Just the idea of JJ doing office tasks while acting as a mole, scheming to re-form the Horsemen on the down low, fills me with glee.  The Apter mags were amazing back then.  I remember a story about how Honky Tonk Man made a deal with the evil spirits of the Mississippi Delta to become a success in the WWF.

R.I.P. Dr. Sidney M. Basil...mourn ya til I join ya

I'll always say that their best work was their investigative piece on the Horsemen's plan for Sid to win the title at Halloween Havoc 1990. The Horsemen bribing Sting's tailor who had fallen on hard times to make them a pair of Sting tights. Them enlisting one of Flair's numerous girlfriends in the Atlanta area doing Windham's make-up. Windham being miffed that JJ insinuated that he needed more muscle tone to be more convincing as Sting. 

• Like 6

I'm pretty sure it's in the public domain. Between the Biblical characters, the Wrestlers, the Super Villains, the band* (who are named after the Wresting faction), various restaurants and businesses... if they could sue each other they would. But they haven't.

* This would be one for the Not-a-cover thread, but it would involve posting a Coldplay video. And bollocks to Coldplay. So I'll post it here:

• Like 1

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this, but is there anywhere that lists the best matches that took place in Continental? I never got to really see the territory and am just curious to what to check out. I'm also interested in classic angles from there.

25 minutes ago, Thomas Bugg said:

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this, but is there anywhere that lists the best matches that took place in Continental? I never got to really see the territory and am just curious to what to check out. I'm also interested in classic angles from there.

Not a territory that I'm real strong on, so might I suggest KayFabe Memories or Wrestling Classics? Tell 'em OSJ sent ya.

If he does that, they might sacrifice and eat him to appease the ghost of Steve Yohe. (Yes, I know he's alive.)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thomas Bugg said:

There is an amazing thread on the Pro Wrestling Only board with someone recapping television shows, and he has recently uploaded a bunch of shows on youtube. Head over there and check it out.

• Like 3

On 5/6/2017 at 7:28 PM, Ryan said:

If he does that, they might sacrifice and eat him to appease the ghost of Steve Yohe. (Yes, I know he's alive.)

Yea, he's very much alive (we e-mail each other pretty frequently), however, Steve can seem otherworldly at times. ;-)

A friend of mine Germany who is a wrestling historian type(a young one) pointed out that guy in Seattle dying is actually quite the big deal. Anyone here know much about the guy? I think Dave posted about him in an update, but I'm lazy.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

Did any promotion play a wrestlers entrance music after they won a match before the WWF started doing it? And when did the WWF start doing it? 

It was either with Hogan or Slaughter in 1984.  Slaughter was definitely getting his theme played after winning matches during his Sheik feud.  Hogan didn't wrestle on TV much so I don't know when they started doing it for him.