DVDVR Message Board

The Old School Questions thread

11 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Didn't Rotunda rock the amateur singlet in the varsity club?

Yes, and in Japan afterwards.

A fair handful of guys wore singlets/short legs before the Steiners.  King Kong Bundy, the Russians (Nikita, Uncle Ivan, etc.), a couple guys in Japan.  I'd have to rack my brain, but there were territory guys with that look well before the Steiners.  I think Dutch Mantell wrestled in a short-legged singlet and furry boots at one point.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Yes, and in Japan afterwards.

A fair handful of guys wore singlets/short legs before the Steiners.  King Kong Bundy, the Russians (Nikita, Uncle Ivan, etc.), a couple guys in Japan.  I'd have to rack my brain, but there were territory guys with that look well before the Steiners.  I think Dutch Mantell wrestled in a short-legged singlet and furry boots at one point.

Right, but the question was specifically about the singlet with shorts, not the nut hugger.  I remember Mantell, the Russians and Bundy all wearing the latter, not the former.

The Prince looks like Mr. Perfect if he got his head squashed in a vise grip. Also either those truly are some amazons or Prince is like 12 because he looks like a kid in his jammies next to everyone else. This promotion and IWF should've worked some kind of invasion angle. I guess IWF would be the invaders since this promotion seems to have at least 40 or 50 people in attendance as opposed to paid attendance of 12 with piped in crowd noise.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

Anybody know who the dipshit in the Nazi gimmick is?

Oh, and fuck Ron Fuller for booking this idiocy.

The Stormtrooper is dumb as fuck, but everyone needs to jump ahead to the 26 minute mark, to watch the epic Jerry Lawler video set to Scandal's "The Warrior".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Anyone have any memory of what the plans were for HBK and the IC title had Syracuse not happened? Was he supposed to enter into a program with Douglas(that obviously got squashed by the Kliq)?

The plan was always Michaels/Hart for WMXII, so I'd assume HBK would have lost the title at some point to somebody, but I doubt it would have been to Douglas.

The irony is that Ramon actually injured Douglas so badly in that match (a botched clothesline had him coughing up blood) that Michaels actually returned to action before Douglas did.

Actually, I got to thinking.  Do they just do the Ramon/Goldust storyline with Micheals? I am certain that they were planning to put the IC on Goldust either way, and they could have possibly done the switch in December so Shawn is still good for the Rumble.

32 minutes ago, muhammedboehm said:

Not sure if this is ok here or the what if thread, but does anyone know what the plans would have been for the members of the Radicals (Chris, Eddie, Dean, Perry) if they had stated in WCW?

Given the management changed 3 times in the 3 months surrounding their departure, doubt there was any?