DVDVR Message Board

The Old School Questions thread

I imagine THE YEH-TAY! would've eventually been unwrapped revealing El Gigante and his nekkid giant fur suit.  Then you would've had giant nekkid fur suited YEH-TAY! pointing at Hogan and telling him he wanted the belt cause he already took dat ass.

Reis probably would've still been a giant ninja because why else would he have a giant ninja suit ready to go?

I imagine THE YEH-TAY! would've eventually been unwrapped revealing El Gigante and his nekkid giant fur suit.  Then you would've had giant nekkid fur suited YEH-TAY! pointing at Hogan and telling him he wanted the belt cause he already took dat ass.

Reis probably would've still been a giant ninja because why else would he have a giant ninja suit ready to go?

One never knows when they'll need a giant ninja suit. It's better to be prepared.

How long was Tracy Smothers in 2000-era WCW? Did he make the c-shows more than just the random match I found versus the Barbarian from the 1/29/00 episode of Worldwide?

I had no idea he came back to WCW at that point. He would have been fun to have on the main shows.

• 2 weeks later...

Mulligan and Kendall Windham's legal issues popped up around 1989.  At that point, he was popping up on indy shows in Florida (one of the Apter mags had an article on Mulligan wrestling Dory Funk Jr. around that time).

Looking at some results from 1987, Mulligan was getting a decent push, but it didn't seem to show on TV (he never seemed to feud with anyone -- he just won matches.  Frankly, the only "feud" he seemed to have was a "Battle for Texas" series against Jimmy Jack Funk).  He won a series of Bunkhouse Battle Royals in early 1987, but wasn't booked at WM 3, which I found extremely odd.  I thought they were setting him up to be the next guy to feud with heel Andre after Hogan-Andre came to a close (and Mulligan may have been a better fit for Team Hogan at Survivor Series 87 than Ken Patera if he stuck around).

• Like 1

Looks like he was around as late as November '87, which surprises the hell out of me.  Apparently he was at the Steamboat/Santana level, beating the likes of Valentine and Beefcake but losing to Savage.

I have no idea where you're getting that from.  Mulligan's last appearance was at the April 1987 Superstars taping setting up a feud with Ron Bass, which never happened because Mulligan left.  The ice cream bar promo mentioned earlier was probably one of the last things he did for the company.

I'll tweet this to Nancy Grace.

Why, did Mulligan have a little white girl that went missing?

Kendall looked like a really ugly Taylor Swift back then.

Mulligan seems like he would've been a George Scott guy.  When did Scott leave the WWF?

• Like 4

So looking back at this match, other than a botched neckbreaker at about the 5:30 mark I really don't see the problem with this match and why Regal got in hot water. There were stiff shots like the Euro uppercuts and the open palm strikes, but nothing that you don't already get in a Regal match. And from what I understand he was told by the agents to give Goldberg a competitive match, and maybe I'm blind, but both sell each other's offense well. So was Regal taking liberties or is Goldberg being a whiny bitch?