DVDVR Message Board

The Old School Questions thread

yeah, between there being a move called the "Tombstone Piledriver" for the Undertaker to use, and Paul Bearer being a mortician, things just fell in place for the Undertaker gimmick, didn't they?

although the people on my bus back in 7th grade (1998/99) were pretty sure that the Undertaker also used the Death Valley Driver

yeah, between there being a move called the "Tombstone Piledriver" for the Undertaker to use, and Paul Bearer being a mortician, things just fell in place for the Undertaker gimmick, didn't they?

although the people on my bus back in 7th grade (1998/99) were pretty sure that the Undertaker also used the Death Valley Driver

Possibly because they used to bill him from Death Valley?

Frank Gotch used to enter to Naughty By Nature. OSJ was there.

Moron. Everyone knows Gotch came out to "Bad to the Bone".

Frank Gotch used to enter to Naughty By Nature. OSJ was there.

Moron. Everyone knows Gotch came out to "Bad to the Bone".

I had to come up with something anachronistic that truly made no sense. Either choice works. Maybe he used both.
  • Like 1

Anyone remember what the dimensions were for the WCW rings? I always thought it was 18' x 18', smaller than WWE rings.

Yep. I was with UPW when WWE was unloading the WCW rings on the developmental territories. OVW, HWA, and we got one each. However, Bassman still wanted only to use the WWE sized ring, so he passed the WCW ring on to WPW in Anaheim, in exchange for free rental of their 20x20 ring. That WCW ring ended up at the Anaheim Marketplace.

• Like 1

OK, so this is kind of a random (and dumb) question, but someone posted this ridiculous gif of Duggan punching the shit out of Buzz Sawyer and Sawyer flies through the ropes and bumps to the floor like a maniac. Does anyone know what match this is or have a youtube link to it?

OK, so this is kind of a random (and dumb) question, but someone posted this ridiculous gif of Duggan punching the shit out of Buzz Sawyer and Sawyer flies through the ropes and bumps to the floor like a maniac. Does anyone know what match this is or have a youtube link to it?

I'm going to guess it's Duggan vs Sawyer from 11/11/85 which was my favorite match from the Mid South set.

• Like 1

It was my gif, it's from this video. I don't know what match it is but it's not the one from the WWE DVD.

• Like 1

Fairly certain there's at least one copy of a Great American Bash 85 tour fancam where Ric Flair comes out to a mashup of Fanfare For The Common Man, Easy Lover and Niggas In Paris.

I could have sworn it was N.W.A.'s "Gangsta Gangsta".

Life ain't nothin but bitches and money. WHOOOO!

(Kidding aside, he DID use "Easy Lover" in Florida in the match with Barry Windham)

At the time, we thought they gave Mark Callous a gimmick that reflected his ability to no sell big moves. So, they made him a deadguy who felt no pain.

For those who have just seen his WWF and WCW stuff, Hacksaw was great in mid-south, total badass brawler.

It was so weird to hear the announcers back then pronounce Duggan as "Doogan".