DVDVR Message Board

The Old School Questions thread

7 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

100-man tag with all the Expresses vs all the Connections

Cagematch lists 170 "Express" tag teams and 135 "Connections" so we might need a bigger ring.

E: There are 35 "Midnight" tag teams so if they join up with the Connections we got about even sides.  Midnight Express can pick which one they want.

Edited by Zimbra
  • Thanks 1

The Midnight Connection was definitely the title of a movie Golan/Globus tried to finance at Cannes and failed to get made. “Midnight Connection stars Charles Bronson as a 75-year-old cop who’s taking matters into his own hands. Don’t like that? Okay, Midnight Connection is a Chuck Norris vehicle about a Vietnam veteran whose hometown karate gym is overrun by drug dealers. No? Michael Dudikoff and it’s gun runners? Anybody?”

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

surely there's enough "meta" in wrestling that it's worth me awaiting the debut of The Express Connection (or as they'd be known in the WWE, The Connection Express)

Edited by BobbyWhioux

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

To me, the worst name might have been Rock n Roll Rockets (Al Oerez and Joe Savoldi). 

Ricky Morton and Marty Jannetty teamed up as the Rock 'n' Rockers.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

LOL I was just about to write, "Midnight Connection" and "Caribbean Connection" are a little too close to "The Tampa Pipeline" for my tastes.

A promotion really missed out on a good in-joke by not naming a team "The Tampa Connection" and changing whoever's names to Terry and Ed.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Missing in Action and Death Wish were awesome 

I've watched Missing In Action SO many times as a kid! Same with Delta Force. Death Wish is something that has eluded me, but I think I've seen part 4 and maybe half of Death Wish 3. They actually made a game for Commodore 64 called Death Wish 3 (no 1 or 2, I think?)

• Like 1