DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R2 Match 15: REIGNS vs. CASAS

ROMAN REIGNS vs. NEGRO CASAS  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What to do.

I am explicitly casting a vote for the phrase "baby girl."

Ashy Larry said it first, and he said it with more conviction.

Donell Rawlings vs. a non-black man named "Negro" is a whoooooooole other tournament.

You know, at this rate, I might just assume the SHIELD are interfering in every one of there matches, and vote for them accordingly.

SHIELD do look like damn good bets at getting into the elite 8. Ambrose and Rollins look like they have it set, but Reigns has a fucking murderers row to get through. If he wins this, he gets Tanahashi. If he beats him, he gets Cena or Blue Panther. Holy Shit.

Shit, Reigns vs. Tanahashi should be subtitled "DVDVR's Purge"  There'll be blood there.

If it was Okada or Nakamura against Reigns.. maybe. I feel pretty comfortable with Reigns over Tanahashi. I could see voting for Tanahashi but I wouldn't be upset with a Reigns victory. I may even consider voting for him myself.

Well, Tanahashi is the most "paint-by-numbers" NJPW guy in this here tourny, so Reigns should go over.

But Tanahashi *is* NJPW's Cena, so yeah...

You know, if you wanna argue that this tournament was really booked, the story of Reigns beating arguably the top guy from Mexico, then the face of New Japan, then teh face of WWE in back to back to back rounds. That's a hell of a "the new it guy" push

I think Tanahashi actually compares more to HBK ever since someone kinda made the comparison a few days earlier.

Tanahashi and HBK both exude that sort of dickish mid-90s face sort of thing (air guitar/lounging on the ropes), for one. 

Second, generally speaking of course, I think this board would consider Tanahashi and HBK to be alike in how they are pumped up as workrate warriors beyond what their actual overall output is and probably that they are also pumped up as consistent draws beyond what the numbers actually show.