DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R2 Match 11: BLUE PANTHER vs. KENTA

PANTHER vs. KENTA  

82 members have voted

1. 1. BLUE KENTHER vs. BLENTA

Fuck a KENTA.

Great response. I voted KENTA because I'm a big fan and gasp! liked his GHC title run. I've watched a decent amount of Panther this month and he's good but I'd much, much rather watch KENTA. Sorry if that makes me a moron.

I would rather watch KENTA.  I also enjoy screaming KENTA like a Japanese girl from time to time.

What the hell happened to the striking about 90% of the way into that Morishima match?  Those elbows from Morishima, then the spinning back kick from KENTA were hot dogshit.  

Fuck a KENTA.

Great response. I voted KENTA because I'm a big fan and gasp! liked his GHC title run. I've watched a decent amount of Panther this month and he's good but I'd much, much rather watch KENTA. Sorry if that makes me a moron.

Weren't you the one yesterday lecturing the board about "the third best guy in The Shield against the best guy in Japan, let's don't fuck this up"?

I do not enjoy KENTA's matches. Him advancing was more of a referendum on Randy Orton than people's appreciation of KENTA. There's no way he should take out Blue Panther in round two.

• Like 1

I'm sure I've only seen 20% of the good Blue Panther stuff from last year but I enjoyed the KENTA stuff I saw more. Ambrose over Okada was a travesty. The case for Okada was solid but still the wrong guy won. There is no arguement for Panther over KENTA that is that strong. Only if you're coming to the table hating KENTA already. It's an odd representation of modern America. First KENTA was loved and gained some hardcore fans but almost just as quickly he's turned on. We build them up to tear them down.

Blue Panther fans feel free to post links to his great 2013 matches and mock me. I've watched more lucha this month then the last couple years combined.

The case for Okada, as presented in that thread, sucked.

Totally disagree. Ambrose was in a stack of great 6mans but his singles stuff is just there. Okada had like 5 or 6 off the charts title matches and a few more that were just very good. Also the 12-23 tag which was awesome.

• Like 1

The case for Okada, as presented in that thread, sucked.

Totally disagree. Ambrose was in a stack of great 6mans but his singles stuff is just there. Okada had like 5 or 6 off the charts title matches and a few more that were just very good. Also the 12-23 tag which was awesome.

Being exceedingly rad 6 mans isn't something I was likely to hold against Ambrose. I mean I get the argument that oh it is harder to have long compelling singles matches, but I also don't really care, nothing I saw of Okada was as great as the very best moments of The Shield, and dismissing Dean's part in that as "oh he was just the third best guy in the team" (which if you go back 6 months I don't think people say nearly as much as they do now) seems silly to me.

The case for KENTA, as presented in Dank's post, sucks even more.

Well I kinda laid out a partial case for KENTA in the Orton matchup. I really liked his title defenses vs Nakajima, Marufuji, Nagata and a few more. I was shocked he was able to get decent singles matches out Haste and Nichols. He's got the 8-24 tag that involves Nakamura. A handful of good tags and 6mans. The Captains fall from 6-30 was a fun match. I was into his Oct match with Sekimoto. Even people not into KENTA liked the 11-27 tag. Oh and he was in the Kenta Kobashi retirement match.

I mean I could make a case for KENTA because he looks like he might actually be trying to actually fight a guy rather than put on wacky submission exhibitions but no one has taken that bate in several rounds of this thing.  I guess people love their balding senior citizens.

• Like 1

There is always an argument for wrestler x over wrestler y, deal with it.

*points at WM sign and Powerbombs Ziggler

I really liked what I've seen of Panther but don't enjoy his work nearly as much as I do KENTA's. This year he got to play a very good FIP in the Yano match and when he got back intro control it felt like a "you're dead now" moment, put on a good showcase in the Global Tag League, had a brutal punch exchange with Sugiura, kicked Yone in the head a bunch of times and dragged a good match out of Jonah Rock. The Cross Counter Slap is my favourite strike in wrestling today and I love how he sets up the GAME OVER with crazy Triangle Choke counters.

Every year we get an "Asshole of the tournament" it seems. I thought last year I was kinda it (The asshole can not be pre-established as an asshole). Is DANK going for it this year? We shall see.

EDIT: Just realized Matt went full on asshole mode last year, didn't he?

Hey, you just laid claim to it! No takebacks.

I'm one of those dudes who cannot process the majority of lucha, but that never applies to a Panther match as he's so golldamned great. So smooth. Love watching his mat work. He wins

(Extra points for the mask)

Do enjoy KENTA. He's violent and clubbers like a dude a foot taller