DVDVR Message Board

SD Spoilers for March 14th 2014

ChesterCopperpot

Dean Ambrose headbanging to the Shield theme... He is truly a god among men.

And his finisher shall be called GUTTERSHARK. Spread that around, people. Make me happy.

Also, "I will bury Daniel Bryan!" Too good for words, Hunter.

More shows need to end with "The Shield stood tall."

• Like 2

I wish there was footage of the creative meeting or the backstage monitor or wherever when Vince, Triple H, and Co. realized just how special the Shield is. 

I wish there was footage of the backstage meeting where someone fell asleep on the taping day. Cause that Bad News Barrett bit was some sort of rib on someone who fell asleep in a meeting. Cole and JBL said "Hey that sleeping during a meeting is getting around"

"What kind of an idiot falls asleep in a meeting?"

"Someone who was out on Beale Street till morning?"

Hahaha, I wonder who it was? My money is on Micheal Hayes.

Ziggler typically gets a great reaction when you consider how he's been booked. It's almost as if the fans are telling management something.

Loved Ambrose's facials during Rollins-Sandow.

HHHs promo was very strong and the Occupy Raw looked great in the recaps.

The line "I will bury Daniel Bryan" is pure genius, but nothing highlighted how much of dick HHH was better than his interaction with Sandow. The way he riffed on Sandow's gimmick combined with his best corpoate power-tripping was just harsh. Almost felt a little bad for Damien there.

...Ambrose Bierce is "pop culture"?

Not sure if you're just playing willfully ignorant or not but the whole Carcosa concept has recently been used in True Detective. I'm assuming Bray throwing that into a promo 2 days after the finale of the show is because he or one of the writers is a fan.

...Ambrose Bierce is "pop culture"?

Not sure if you're just playing willfully ignorant or not but the whole Carcosa concept has recently been used in True Detective. I'm assuming Bray throwing that into a promo 2 days after the finale of the show is because he or one of the writers is a fan.

Bray Wyatt, Swamp Messiah, doesn't watch TV or dig into pop culture. If he's talking about Carcosa, he got it from reading Ambrose Bierce.

• Like 4

Bray has watched Total Divas.

My explanation is this: This is a ay he can make a threat that his opponent and the audience will understand.

(I had to look it up. I haven't watched True Detective yet. But I heard so many "Shouldn't Bray Wyatt be..." things that I imagine it's a natural fit. And Bray writes his own promos, per Meltzer.)

I wish there was footage of the creative meeting or the backstage monitor or wherever when Vince, Triple H, and Co. realized just how special the Shield is. 

I wish there was footage of the backstage meeting where someone fell asleep on the taping day. Cause that Bad News Barrett bit was some sort of rib on someone who fell asleep in a meeting. Cole and JBL said "Hey that sleeping during a meeting is getting around"

Isn't that what a Freebird does?  Up all night. Sleep all day.

Isn't that what a Freebird does?  Up all night. Sleep all day.

And goes nuts on anyone who has the audacity to touch his van.