DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R2 Match 3: WYATT vs. CENA

WYATT vs. CENA  

135 members have voted

1. 1. WRESTLEMANIA PREVIEW!

The 'Closing Chapter' NXT promo and the Bryan match are the high points for Bray. Cena had a better match with Bryan and several other good to great matches, not to mention some excellent money promos. Bray's a fun character but his aura falls apart when the bell rings unless he's in their with a super worker (Bryan) or protected in multi mans. He's getting better but he's far from best. Cena is best.

I had this even but after reading the thread I went with Bray to spite the people who claim he's not a good promo while pretending that Cena doesn't ruin feuds with his "comedy"

[Cena] Gettin' all mad with your little seven on your jersey.  But you got a nine in your name?  Seven! Nine! Seven! Nine!  Which is it, sport?  You're confused! Ammiright Memphis!!!!?????  You got a seven on your shirt, A nine in your name...but when I look at you all I see is number two.  

Like poop.[/Cena]

Best promo in the biz!!!!!

• Like 8

I had this even but after reading the thread I went with Bray to spite the people who claim he's not a good promo while pretending that Cena doesn't ruin feuds with his "comedy"

[Cena] Gettin' all mad with your little seven on your jersey.  But you got a nine in your name?  Seven! Nine! Seven! Nine!  Which is it, sport?  You're confused! Ammiright Memphis!!!!?????  You got a seven on your shirt, A nine in your name...but when I look at you all I see is number two.  

Like poop.[/Cena]

Best promo in the biz!!!!!

An error occurred. I have reached my quota of positive votes for the day

It's not that Cena does dumb comedy, it's that he winks at the camera and reminds you that it's fake so why you should care. It's the worst.

"Wyatt you have a dumb Margaritavilla shirt"

"Del Rio you don't own these cars you rent them"

"DiBiase you aren't rich McMahon gives you $100 bills to impress waitresses at Dennys"

"Vader your real name is Leon and you look like an old pug"

"Yokozuna you ain't even Japanese"

"Undertaker? Or should I call you Mean Mark"

goodbye all great heels. Hogan ran through them all but at least he let them maintain their characters and threat levels. 

• Like 2

That's true. Hogan got his ass kicked by Taker and only won that one match by cheating like a bastard which was per the usual for him. When Bundy fucked up Hogan's world..  he had to tape up his ribs and TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN.  When Earthquake squashed him on Brother Love he was gone for weeks and still didn't do much to him in their SummerSlam match. Bossman had to save Hogan with his nightstick and Quake still wouldn't let go. When Andre wanted to face Hogan.. Hulkster was like "NOOOOO DON'T DO THIS.."

He did a lot of dumb shit but one thing Hogan did well was sell a beat down.

Cena can do that on occasion but usually it's all smiles and winks and its tiresome.

I wonder if he has one for himself.  Hidden away in a little wish chest like a totem to ward off challengers...or a cyanide capsule.

I like the image of him writing out the promo that would kill his own character and maybe keeping in a locket around his neck.

I like to imagine that whenever someone new comes up, Cena writes a promo that will lay bare all his weaknesses and completely kill his heat. He's the KRS-One of wrestling.

I wonder if he has one for himself.  Hidden away in a little wish chest like a totem to ward off challengers...or a cyanide capsule.

I like the image of him writing out the promo that would kill his own character and maybe keeping in a locket around his neck.

It's like Batman's protocols on the Justice League

John Cena personally chose everyone's hero Daniel Bryan to face him at Summerslam. According to tv, the was his devision and against managements wishes. How quickly we forget.

He also let Bryan get away with calling him a caricature of a pro.wrestler. What other company ace would let an up and comer accuse him of being a hack?

Because of all people, John Cena has never been buried in a promo?

Really?

John Cena?

Kay.

• Like 1

I am now imagining dueling promos where Cena makes a Deliverance joke about the Wyatts, Bray orders Harper and Rowan to cover their ears (which they do) and drops character, accusing Cena of being homophobic and that he is speaking as Windham Rotunda not as Bray Wyatt. Then, he ramps up the sing-song-iness of his voice to get back into character and proposes a match of Harper and Rowan vs Cena and Darren Young.

Really?

John Cena?

Kay.

There's this idea I remember being taught as a child, "two wrongs don't make a right". Cena being on the end of shitty promos that dismiss the opponent as nothing doesn't mean it's OK that he does it. That shit is as awful as CM Punk "shooting" every fucking time he gets on a microphone.

Yeah, it's a goofy dumb character on paper, but then so was The Undertaker. The fact is that Bray Wyatt, while still fairly green, has me excited for wrestling (among with others) like I haven't been since I first discovered indy stuff in 2004 or 05. I want to see him. I want to pay to see him and his Family. Which, as much as I appreciate John Cena isn't something I can say about him. Yeah, Bray has been super protected, but I don't really hold that against him, if anything I'm having that as a positive. Not overusing a guy, actually holding him back from wrestling too much, that's a fantastic thing. Accentuate the positives should be what wrestling booking/creative is about, and right now Bray is that personified. His promos send a chill down my spine, and I'm genuinely surprised to see people that don't dig what he does.

None of this is taking anything away from Cena, I still think his Royal Rumble Last Man Standing match with Umaga is probably my most memorable and favourite WWE matches of the '00s, but hey, I'm getting carried away on the hype train of the new and fresh guy and I'm OK with that.

• Like 1

I wonder if he has one for himself. Hidden away in a little wish chest like a totem to ward off challengers...or a cyanide capsule.

Really?

John Cena?

Kay.

And Bray does look like an idiot! He's saying what everyone is thinking it's not like when Punk said Bryan was pandering to the fans by using a catchphrase.