DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-10-14

MGFanJay

Speaking of weird things that you're not really sure you heard... did LL Cool J say he had some midgets for the Bellas to hook up with?

No, he said they had a couple of missions for them.

For the midgets?

250px-Moppet_twins.png

• Like 4

Cena's promo is a-ok as long as Bray wins their match, which I think he has a decent shot at. The Shield used a lot of the same material in the build for their match with the Wyatts, but after they lost clean, the Wyatts still look like the baddest dudes in the company (not named Brock Lesnar). 

btw.. that was one awkward looking rollup on Rowen.

I know what this feud needs... a rap off. It did wonders for Rock v. Cena.

I'm looking forward to the fact we'll prob get Cena vs Harper sometime before Wrestlemania.

Unless I completely read the screen wrong when they were pimping the Network, Cena/Harper is next week.

Just watched the Occupy segment. 

Daniel Bryan isn't the new Stone Cold, he's the new Dusty Rhodes. 

Scruffy Rhodes, y'all. 

I watched it earlier along with the last hour of RAW and I can buy Bryan being like the new Dusty. He's the new common man. I loved Triple H going thermo nuclear when Bryan dropped the one more thing line. It would never happen in today's PG WWE, but I would love to see them rip off Dibiase vs. Flair from Mid South.

At Wrestlemania, Bryan and Triple H are about to go and the bell rings and Triple H does a quick low blow for the DQ and then proceeds to beat the living shit out of Bryan for like five minutes leaving him bloody and battered. Rest of the show they build on whether Bryan will even ever wrestle again. Cut to the main event, Orton and Batista are about to lock up and then Bryan's theme hits and he's all bandaged up and limps down the ramp.

Bryan ends up winning the title and sets up a rematch with Triple H this time for the title at Extreme Rules and then that segways into Bryan vs. DAVE to Summerslam where Batista probably wins the title so he can have it for the Guardians of the Galaxy red carpet. Bryan gets a good five or six month title run and mostly everyone is happy.

Of course I could totally see him losing Wrestlemania as well. Either one works.

I loved the opening segment, everything with Cena & Hulkster together was great. Enjoyed Cena/Wyatt back and forth on the mic and thought some of Cena's comedy stuff here was legit funny. Should end up a great match at Mania. The Andre Memorial Cup is a great idea. hope we get some fun legends appearance since it's almost a second Rumble. Sheamus/Christian indeed ruled too, awesome finish.

So far Bryan has had two legit highlight reel moments on Raw that will end up on montages and dvd's for the next few years. That's two more moments than any other superstar on the roster. I personally thought it was a 'beer truck'-caliber moment.

And to whoever said that the current product reminds them of the New Generation era, I completely agree. There's definitely a shift between old and new stars. I think the WWE hasn't been this good in years.

• Like 1

I think for the build to Bray - Cena needs less wrestling from both. I think since Wrestlemania is in New Orleans, Bray needs to go back to the bayou and his tent revival sermons. Have him deliver snippets of apocalyptic doom and gloom in backwoods fields with throngs of methed out followers.

Cena can fight Harper and Rowan without Bray there and Cena can overcome the odds while granting make-a-wishes and be happy go lucky Cena. He can keep making fun of Bray's hat and attire (I'm sure he's got a white pants after labor day joke).

This culminates in Bray having an undertaker-esque entrance at Wrestlemania. I'm thinking either having cult members lining up on either side of the aisle bowing and worshipping him as he walks down in total darkness with a gas lantern or arriving on a wooden raft. Or both.

I feel like Bray needs a signature weapon...like a rusty sickle or meat hook or something.

He could always hit people with the lantern or the rocking chair. A good Balsa wood rocking chair hit would be an amazing visual. Or a gimmicked fireball when the lantern hits too.

So far Bryan has had two legit highlight reel moments on Raw that will end up on montages and dvd's for the next few years. That's two more moments than any other superstar on the roster. I personally thought it was a 'beer truck'-caliber moment.

It was his beer truck/pipe bomb moment, and it was one that fit his character as well as those moments fit Austin and Punk. Austin wanted to raise hell and give the finger to the establishment. Punk wanted the freedom to say what was on his mind. Bryan just wants the opportunity to show his greatness on the grandest stage.

Best of all, this works so much better than the "Hulk makes the match" idea because it's coming from Bryan himself (and the "WWE Universe") rather than getting an assist from on high. Also it does it without neutering HHH or making him look weak. It just means that his hand can be forced, same way Vince's always could by Stone Cold.

Did JBL call the Occupiers of the Ring "dope heads" at one point and create an awkward moment in the booth, or am I projecting?

it does seem like they are on them marijuana pills,

RAF

I checked, and he definitely call them "dope lovers" and Lawler cracks up. I like when JBL works himself into a froth and channels Nick Gulas. I would love to have a cranky old-school wrestler type of gimmick in the booth rather than a heel announcer which is played out by this point.

get the firehouses,

RAF

p.s.- quoting your own posts is cool

Also, Ambrose coming in the ring immediately after the Shield win to soak up the victory as only he can was fantastic. I know some think all the shit he does is way OTT but I eat it right up.

EDIT: His reaction during the pinfall was even better

The Shield are a perfectly matched trio. Ambrose is constantly manic, Reigns tightly controlled with brief explosions of emotion, Rollins as usual representing that happy medium, easily able to get fired up without losing his shit the way Ambrose is prone to do.
Does that dynamic change if you try to interpret everything in terms of unspoken sexual tension?

Id, Ego, and Superego?