DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-10-14

MGFanJay

A weird little shout out for the lighting and camera angles for Cena/Hogan vs. Wyatts.  It was weirdly focused but also murky.  The spotlight on Cena reminds us that he is the "light" in the story, the happy world...and was surrounded by darkness...no funny colors  just dark and stark white light.

The camera was great too.  The low camera behind the Wyatts and the high crane? Camera behind Cena.

• Like 1

Tony Soprano and Walter White weren't Anti-Heroes. They were straight up bad people. Whether or not you enjoy watching them is irrelevant. You don't need a "hero" to have a TV show or movie. I'd say Dirty Harry would qualify as an Anti Hero. In comics, The Punisher as well.

Either way, Austin was a bad person, too. He stunnered a lot of innocent people (and women) during his days.

Incidentally, Nattie is just awful on the mic. She's one of the few wrestlers that's just unsettling to hear talk because she seems completely bonkers.

I wouldn't exactly call her bonkers, but I am surprised she actually got married instead of just living with dozens of cats.

so BP is going to make a run-in during the main event to throw polluted water at Daniel Bryan?

Speaking of getting political, did anyone else find it unsettling when JBL called for the police to bring out the fire hoses? In Memphis, no less?

Not sure Memphis had quite as much 1960s rioting as other cities (Birmingham).

Well, it was the city MLK was assassinated in.

yeah well, they've done less tasteful things in Memphis-based wrestling and managed to survive

I don't do Twitter, but if I were the sort to stir things up on Twitter, I would ask several black members of the roster how they feel about JBL's commentary.

Anybody want to try and be Twitter-famous by doing that?

You'll all be pleased to know that according to Twitter, the entire Foley clan (Mick, Dewey, and Noelle) were all happy with tonight's developments. Whew.

Thank god because damn it we need to stop the senseless killing of old bubble TV's

You'll all be pleased to know that according to Twitter, the entire Foley clan (Mick, Dewey, and Noelle) were all happy with tonight's developments. Whew.

Noelle posted the infamous Shield pic from the March Photo Thread on her Twitter earlier tonight.. so there's at least a tiny chance she lurks here.

Incidentally, Nattie is just awful on the mic. She's one of the few wrestlers that's just unsettling to hear talk because she seems completely bonkers.

I wouldn't exactly call her bonkers, but I am surprised she actually got married instead of just living with dozens of cats.

We're sure that Tyson Kidd hasn't been imprisoned in Natty's house to take care of the cats, right?

• Like 1

Noelle posted the infamous Shield pic from the March Photo Thread on her Twitter earlier tonight.. so there's at least a tiny chance she lurks here.

To be honest, I didn't check Mick or Dewey's, I just threw their names in there to justify my Noelle stalking.

I guess by now I shouldn't be pissed off by Cena doing shit like this, but in a city known for great promos (I'm feeling a tad bit nostalgic between WWE Network and watching old Memphis shit on Youtube) that promo he cut in the opening segment sucked on all levels. Cornette, assuming he even watches RAW, probably went out and choked a cat after watching that shit. And as for the Memphis Street Fight, loved the cane shots that both received and Sheamus really had his work boots on tonight, but they REALLY need to cut that city-based gimmick shit out of "street fights". I dunno, I guess I was halfway expecting those two to come out in street clothes and have a bunkhouse-type match instead of a goddamn drum set at ringside.

He's becoming even more insufferable

What did I say about WWE turning popular heels into insufferable faces? :D

Not that I want it to happen, but a babyface winning the Andre the Giant trophy, only to have a dastardly heel attack him and destroy it would be the most wonderfully pro-wrestling thing ever. Like...if Cena did enter and won it and then the Wyatt's showed up and beat down him and Hulkster with the SYMBOLIC body of Andre the Giant would be just an incredible thing.

Another option would be smug heel carrying the Andre the Giant trophy like Owen and his Slammies for the rest of time. I want Dean Ambrose rolling around with Andre and talking photos with it and shit.

• Like 2

Not a bad show. Occupy movement was nice but predictable. JBL going nuclear on it kind of crapped on it. All that was missing was Bryan yelling, "And We're all gonna get laid". Shield match was okay too. I like what Lance Storm said on twitter, Ambrose has a Corey Feldman thing going on. This also means C.M.Punk is not coming back, if he ever was, the card is set. Missing is also RVD and Jericho but I bet they turn up in the battle royal. 

• Like 1

No offense, but Jay you're wrong on this one, that Bryan thing was awesome.  It went on for as long as it should have given the type of angle it was.  This guarantees that Bryan will at least beat HHH at Mania and certainly betters his chances of walking away with the gold too.

Since it's a 30 man battle royale, and it's Wrestlemania XXX, could they do a "one competitor from every Wrestlemania?"

I was thinking of a match where they would have representation from every WM.

So here's some guys they could include to get representation for every WM

Tito Santana (1 thru 8)

Doink (9, 10)

Billy Gunn (11, 14, 15, 18)

Savio Vega (12, 13. 14)

Chris Jericho (16 thru 21, 24 thru 26, 28 and 29)

Rob Van Dam (18, 20, 22 and 23)

Santino (25, 27, 28)

so that's 7 people who can cover all 29 Wrestlemanias so far (snipped out Piper and Rotundo)

• Like 1