DVDVR Message Board

Feeling Poptimistic

Gonzo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, ah, yeah, this one is a few months old and has been played a gazillion times but, still, this is amazing. And not to be THAT guy but the only thing better than Dua Lipa is two Dua Lipas.

CONTAINS BLUE LANGUAGE.

My wife is still listening loads to Taylor Swift's 1989 in the car and, I dunno, it remains kinda fucking amazing. Pretty much every song on it knocks it out of the fucking park and at least 4 or 5 of them are bonafide pop classics.

• 3 weeks later...

But, yeah, anyone not from this neck of the woods won't give a fiddler's fuck but Taylor Swift played Biggest Weekend and kinda knocked it out of the damn park. I remain very much convinced that Shake It Off is a bonafide pop classic and my Taylor Swift obsession very much remains creepy as fuck. She remains crazy good though, probably too much use of 'like' when addressing the crowd but like I put like that like down like to like being like American like and like stuff.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, ah, yeah, you know, Taylor Swift, right? I may have mentioned her before but on one (deluxe) album she had Blank Space, Style, Out of the Woods, All You Had To Do Was Stay, Shake it Off, Wildest Dreams, This Love and Wonderland on one album..how is she not good?!?

My wife allows me Taylor Swift (like I have a shot). It's creepy and sad so sue me.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Not a massive shift in direction or anything, but I'll take it!

It wouldn't have been out-of-place at all on Body Talk, and that's fine.  I hope she experiments and makes things that don't sound like her 2005-10 output, but as a "welcome back" kind of track it's perfect.