DVDVR Message Board

Feeling Poptimistic

Gonzo

Only reason I am posting this now despite it being out for a few weeks is because now the rumors are flying that Sheeran wrote his about Ellie Goulding and that makes me giggle WAY more than it should

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fuck it, I heard this out and about today - Gimme More is a really underrated record. All vestiges of the Britney from One More Time are gone, gone, gone but now, well it's Britney Bitch - and she'll go places 'Xtina' ain't going. You practically get a contact high just watching the video.

This was the track before. Love this too. 2007 was poptastic:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Too bad Kills and her husband are douches who got themselves kicked off the Australian version of X-Factor

Oh well...

Meanwhile - this has started popping up on the radio

• 2 weeks later...

I am neither female nor gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) which seems to be their target audience but I was always slagged for saying Girls Aloud made some pretty swell pop songs. I stand by this assertion:

Plus, Nadine...Derry representing and all that. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"We asked you for a single, and you brought us every prom song from every teen movie made in 1986 and 1987 You're lucky that shit's in this week, so we might be able to get a video concept out of it."

(Not hating, I actually do like the song. But the first time I heard it at the gym I was shocked to find out it was from 2014.)