DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

The animosity in some circles toward Meltzer is insane.  Say what you want, but the guy has a journalism degree and actual sources and has made real money covering wrestling.  I say good on 'em.  He's living Bix's dream.

People love to shit on him, but he's legit the best that ever did it.  Of course we're going to disagree with a lot of what he says, there is not a single person on the planet that I've agreed with 100%.  The disagreement is what makes it interesting, that is what makes his work worth discussing.  That is the essence of sports writing.  The best sports writiers, especially columnists, are polarizing.  Most of us hate Jason Whitlock, but the reason he will always have a job is because he writes things that piss half the people off half of the time and the other half of the people off the other half of the time.  The skill is having the ability to back up all of your outrageous claims in a way that makes people say, "I disagree, but I kinda understand where he's coming from."  Dave is essentially the best wrestling reporter and best wrestling columnist at the same damn time.  He is the #1 voice of wrestling facts and opinions, and that is a rare phenomenon in journalism.

I don't know who Jason Whitlock is

He's a sportswriter who everyone seems to hate.  He has the ability to make people hate him for the exact opposite reasons.  He's essentially the most polarizing person in the world.  People criticize almost everything he says or does, but no one actually criticizes the quality of his work.

He's a sportswriter who everyone seems to hate.  He has the ability to make people hate him for the exact opposite reasons.  He's essentially the most polarizing person in the world.  People criticize almost everything he says or does, but no one actually criticizes the quality of his work.

Weeeeeeeeell...  

http://deadspin.com/how-jason-whitlock-is-poisoning-espns-black-grantland-1698683962

Weeeeeeeeell...  

http://deadspin.com/how-jason-whitlock-is-poisoning-espns-black-grantland-1698683962

Oh, I've read that, but I mean his writing.  The crazy thing about him is that he writes things that makes people on both sides of the issue hate him.  For years I thought it was intentional, but it is probably his actual personality.  The thing that makes him compelling as a writer is probably the exact same thing that makes him a terrible boss. He's a colossal(not necessarily a fat joke) blowhard, who thinks he has all the answers, not what you want from a position of leadership.

there's a site covering the wrestling dirt sheets? That's funny.

Next thing there's going to be site correcting that guy's site and it will go on and on.

There was a message board about hating this message board. Like a whole site.

Next thing there's going to be site correcting that guy's site and it will go on and on.

I have never been more happy to run a search and not find my name (or this site for that matter)

reading that Todd Martin leaving F4W/WON story from that site and this is pretty great!

It was this segment, along with his regular victories over a clueless Alvarez in their frequent “prediction game” where each would guess the winners of pending mixed martian arts contests, that had made the show so popular among paying members.

I have never been more happy to run a search and not find my name (or this site for that matter)
Now if you put out another 500...

It's hard for DVDVR to be relevant when those damn millenials don't know what a Video even is

• Like 1

There was a stretch where I didn't have cable, or very reliable internet, so I used to read Martin's Raw Recaps.  They were awful, and he was an idiot.  There would be certain things that he would complain about making no sense, and even from reading his recaps, I could tell what the point was and just thought, "No, it makes sense, you're just stupid."