DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

I feel so dirty.

Agreeing with every word Bryan fucking Alvarez wrote.  Ew.

But he is god damn right on every point there.  If it's your job to watch Impact, maybe find a new line of work.  Because... just no.

The idea that 6,000 people are willing to pay to see their shows is honest to god disturbing.

• Like 2

I still feel like the stupidest person on the planet for buying a ticket to one of the impact tapings this month in NYC, not realizing it was the same night as the Foreigner/Styxx concert at Pru Center. I am a fucking rube.

• Like 1

I'd rather tach TNA over listening to Foreigner, but I am in my mid twenties so... Yeah.

Honestly, I think Jeff Hardy fans and the diehard anti WWE fans are the only ones left. I'll check to see what Spud and EC3 do his Sunday but beyond that, who cares? This company won't die no matter what. Nuclear war could break out, Impact will still draw that .9 every Thursday.

I'd rather tach TNA over listening to Foreigner, but I am in my mid twenties so... Yeah.

Honestly, I think Jeff Hardy fans and the diehard anti WWE fans are the only ones left. I'll check to see what Spud and EC3 do his Sunday but beyond that, who cares? This company won't die no matter what. Nuclear war could break out, Impact will still draw that .9 every Thursday.

I'm the same age range and I'd pick Foreigner/Styx over TNA. 

Is it safe that TNA has the worst national wrestling product put out in the last 25 years? This crap makes WWF and WCW at their worst look like must-see TV. 

• Like 1

Yeah but does either band even have their lead singer anymore?

I might take some joy from a Spud/EC3's segment.

I will nominate Willow for worst gimmick of the decade though. Everything about that is wrong.

Yeah but does either band even have their lead singer anymore?

I might take some joy from a Spud/EC3's segment.

I will nominate Willow for worst gimmick of the decade though. Everything about that is wrong.

I went to a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert relatively recently and they haven't had their lead singer in 30 years. Sometimes it's fun to just be around fellow fans. 

And I'd honestly go to a Miley Cyrus/Ashlee Simpson/Justin Bieber music festival before I step foot in a TNA show. 

I think I might have to start watching TNA now.

Watching you become the most negative prick on this board will be a treat.

I watched one third of this week's show from what was on Dailymotion. That's enough.

I legitimately have not watched more than 30 minutes of TNA ever. My buddy liked it back in their six-sided ring days and tried to get me to get into it. I think I saw some X-Division stuff and then fell off. I was flipping through the channels and saw an Aces and Eights thing and blacked out. I also for some reason ended up watching Rockstar Spud clips. I also recognized Zema Ion -- I always thought he had a good shtick.

Anyways, the show is just awful from a TV 101 perspective. Any sort of television has to be predicated around the philosophy that someone tuning in right now at home has no idea what this is, and we have to show them who these people are, what stories they are involved with, etc. TNA really didn't try and do that one bit. They didn't have any real video packages or even introductory graphics/ring announcers giving names. MVP's doing a power trip gimmick and walks in the back and some dudes in matching shirts and pants with tag belts are back there. I assume they're the tag champions (and the clunky exposition confirmed this for me) but I do not know their names.

They did the same thing with those British dudes. I get that one's named Magnus. But they didn't explain their names or anything.

I know the WWE's constant recapping of stuff that just happened can get tiresome. But there's a reason why they do that. They understand that some people might be tuning in for the first time ever (or for the first time in years). Recapping what happened helps get people introduced to the characters, etc. Even the old standbys like Mean Gene/Renee saying "Ladies and gentleman, John Cena and The Usos" tells you who these people are. The documentary camera stuff looks interesting visually but doesn't do anything to tell me who/what I'm watching.

My TNA recap days are over!

Bryan's rant that the reason the WWE Network is not successful (which is extremely debatable) is because they don't have all RAW and Nitro is a stretch.   I just don't see the idea that the WWE would get their million number of users dream if all of the 2000 and 2001 RAW were on.   It really came off as a spoiled kid stomping his feet going BUT I WANT IT NOW  :(

While most of that top 10 network show is a work, I seriously doubt we are going to see a 1999 RAW show or a 1996 Nitro in that list.  

• Like 1

Is it safe that TNA has the worst national wrestling product put out in the last 25 years? This crap makes WWF and WCW at their worst look like must-see TV. 

The Abrams UWF is probably a contender, though at least Herbie actually promoted his promotion.  Getting Doc on The Tonight Show was a stroke of genius.

Bryan's rant that the reason the WWE Network is not successful (which is extremely debatable) is because they don't have all RAW and Nitro is a stretch. I just don't see the idea that the WWE would get their million number of users dream if all of the 2000 and 2001 RAW were on. It really came off as a spoiled kid stomping his feet going BUT I WANT IT NOW :(

While most of that top 10 network show is a work, I seriously doubt we are going to see a 1999 RAW show or a 1996 Nitro in that list.

This is the only thing anyone I know wants to talk about is when are there gonna be old Nitro's. just an hour ago a buddy came over and I was watching the newest clash with Luger vs Hall and he thought it was a Nitro and freaked out, I corrected him and he lost all Fuckin interest.

I think Bryan is dead on

The Abrams UWF is probably a contender, though at least Herbie actually promoted his promotion.  Getting Doc on The Tonight Show was a stroke of genius.

At least the UWF was fun to watch as a trainwreck. TNA is like watching a relative slowly die.