DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

From yesterday:

1974 - The grandfather of The Rock, Chief Peter Maivia, won the annual Cow Palace Battle Royal, tossing out the late Ronald "Moondog" Mayne before more than 14,000 fans

Big deal, throwing out a dead guy.  I could've done that.

• Like 2

From yesterday:

1974 - The grandfather of The Rock, Chief Peter Maivia, won the annual Cow Palace Battle Royal, tossing out the late Ronald "Moondog" Mayne before more than 14,000 fans

Big deal, throwing out a dead guy.  I could've done that.

Are you sure?  Dead weight is far harder to move, and Moondog ran a good 275.

• Like 2

Anyone else disturbed that Alvarez is bothered that we aren't getting enough Nick Diaz as usual?    It is like he is saying "I need Diaz to be as mentally disturbed and fucked up as possible"

Also whenever they talk about Matt Striker it is obvious they are still bitter that Meltzer didn't get the position at Wrestle Kingdom.  I think Striker really sucks at times but the nit picking is at nutty levels sometimes.

Has dave ever said that DEVITT stole the bodypainting gimmick from Volador Jr?

Actualy, he did (think it was even in his Observer report on the special).

Anyone else disturbed that Alvarez is bothered that we aren't getting enough Nick Diaz as usual?    It is like he is saying "I need Diaz to be as mentally disturbed and fucked up as possible"

Also whenever they talk about Matt Striker it is obvious they are still bitter that Meltzer didn't get the position at Wrestle Kingdom.  I think Striker really sucks at times but the nit picking is at nutty levels sometimes.

They've been dissing Striker for years, going back to his WWE run. Meltzer was more supportive of John Pollock getting the spot before anybody else.

Before any of the broadcast team had been announced, i asked Dave if he would be interested and i sort of got the impression he already had too many things on his plate, esp if it meant going to Japan. Wasnt that big UFC show the day before the Dome show?

I know this is a surprise to nobody but Lance Storm in his latest thing with Alvarez is complaining about TOO MANY MOVEZ!!!! in the 3 way title match at Royal Rumble and tried using the Savage vs Steamboat WM 3 match as a comparison.    So apparently we are supposed to have similar "bump counts" from 1987 and 2015.   Fuck even Les Thatcher isn't that unrealistic 

Of all the counter arguements Bryan tried to squeeze in, none of them were "Wouldnt a match with three dudes instead of two dudes have more bumps?"

He'd just start droning on about the severity of the bumps if he did, but the criticism stands.

Before any of the broadcast team had been announced, i asked Dave if he would be interested and i sort of got the impression he already had too many things on his plate, esp if it meant going to Japan. Wasnt that big UFC show the day before the Dome show?

It wouldn't happen because of said UFC show and probably being a conflict of interest, but it would be worth the subscription to hear Meltzer shit on his own commentary. Either that or we get an epic angry rant in response to fans criticizing his commentary that ultimately ends up on the year end comp show.

• 1 month later...

I am sure someone else somewhere else on this board has posted the Deadspin wrestling article. I don't care about the specifics of that.

What I am curious about - since they claim it is going to be a sorta regular wrestling column - are the guys writing it

Tom Breihan is the senior editor at Stereogum. He's written for Pitchfork, the Village Voice, GQ, Grantland, and the Classical, and he writes the Netflix Action Movie Canon column for Deadspin's Concourse. He lives in Charlottesville, VA. He is tall, and on Twitter.

Ernest Wilkins is a writer living in Chicago. Follow him @ernestwilkins.

Should I know these two from my hideously long time around the internet and wrestling on the internet.

(I am especially curious in regards to Breihan since I always raise my eyebrows at someone from VA since I figure they had to run into SOMEONE from these parts considering how long and old the VA contingent is)

I think he was transcribing a UFC interview or something. The context ruins it but pissy on Twitter Dave is the most enjoyable and amusing Dave.

His exchanges with that one guy who never had a Twitter account were pretty awesome.

• Like 1

It,must have been MMA related, but i came home from lunch to see something like 30 or 40 tweets from Dave about something.

The best game is figuring out which heel from the 70s or 80s Dave is going compare Conor McGregor to. He went Flair and Gino Hernandez this morning. Personally, I would've went w/ young Richard Harris if he had amnesia and thought he was Ric Flair. Close enough.

Once they brought the women out, we were into "Dave Meltzer explains what a pearl necklace is" territory. Once you get there, you can never get out.

I think he was transcribing a UFC interview or something. The context ruins it but pissy on Twitter Dave is the most enjoyable and amusing Dave.

It is funny until he gets into "this is why most of the guys in the WWE are not over" mode when he talks about Rousey and McGregor.