DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

So here is the official squash to the Savage never being allowed back in WWE rumors after 1994. Dave mentioned this in November 1996:

There were talks with Randy Savage. Apparently the two sides were far apart on terms and no talks are going on any longer. The feeling is that Titan is so fearful of raids that they only want guys that they sign for three to five-year contracts and the feeling is that Savage may help in the short run because of his name, his guarantee would be so high and they wouldn't want him on top for long so it makes no sense to sign him long-term, but they don't want him on TV for one year and then have him go back to WCW when the deal is up either.

Savage vs. a Corporate Rock headlining Summerslam would've been tits. Rock calling him a beat up old man and Savage coming out and being Savage would've been all the dollar signs.

It's all fun and games until Savage does the People's Elbow and collapses the Rock's lung

• Like 1

Savage vs. a Corporate Rock headlining Summerslam would've been tits. Rock calling him a beat up old man and Savage coming out and being Savage would've been all the dollar signs.

It's all fun and games until Savage does the People's Elbow and collapses the Rock's lung

Don't you mean the Reviving People's Elbow? ;)

Savage in the Attitude Era means no screw job. Bret/Savage @ SS '97 remains the best WWE main event match for that decade.

EDIT: Savage would have to take HBK's spot right? Taker, Austin, Bret were all set up for their roles. In Nov 1996 HBK was completely out of the picture right?

In Nov. 1996, HBK was still WWF Champion and main eventing against Sid. If Savage jumps then HBK politics to keep the belt at SS and main events against Savage in San Antonio at the 97 Rumble. Savage wins the belt there and gets Sid's main event spot against Taker at WrestleMania 13. After that, I see Savage working Bret while he and Austin are crazy, psycho fremenies who end up in a match against each other at SummerSlam. 

HBK/Shawn still happens but Austin's broken neck doesn't. I predict that we get some wacky Austin/Savage tag deal at SummerSlam instead. After WrestleMania XIV, Savage gets the Dude Love "Austin's friend attacking him to join Vince" spot. 

That would change the whole landscape of the WWF back then, if Austin DOESN'T break his neck. Only because of that we became the Attitude Era Style Main Events that put asses in the seats!

The great thing would have been that the "Main Event" style probably never comes to be without Austin being crippled.  As for Savage, the time for him would have been in 1994, probably at King of the Ring. . . 

Was reading the recent Observer where Dave talked about indy talent as Rosebuds.  Interesting how they got some ROH people just because they don't have contracts.  I wonder who else they could get from there, that'd be a mindfuck to see them.  Sydal "returning" as a Rosebud would be humorous.  Also turns out my assumption was correct, Renee Michelle was one of them.  She was the Laura Croft one and was at the Slammys also.  I'm not sure if she's a local girl or not, but she's one of the main females at MCW.  I met her at a recent show and she's pretty nice, and not too bad in the ring either.  If she's a local girl then that's pretty awesome to be seeing her on WWE TV.

Also of note was the win-loss records of the WWE wrestlers.  How depressing it was seeing Cesaro with a record of 70-146.