DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

Jerry Lawler/Lex Luger unification match. 1991. So Sayeth the WON. Why Heyman got suspended. I need to know.

Lawler/Jarrett/USWA had a tentative deal with WCW/Turner and the NWA where Lawler was going to win a tournament for the vacant NWA title (this was after Flair split and the WCW and NWA titles were separated, and it ended up being Chono in NJPW in 92) and then do a unification match with Luger.  It fell apart for a variety of political reasons, with Lawler/Jarrett backing out and blaming it on Paul Heyman and Eddie Gilbert for stooging the plan to the sheets.  Heyman was briefly suspended by Jim Herd due to the allegations, but I believe Heyman threatened a lawsuit because they couldn't prove anything.  He claims to this day he was wasn't responsible for the sheets finding out

During the notes for the Oregon Raw, Dave mentioned that there was a big issue in the early 90s where Howard Finkel turned in a blood sample for Hogan in Oregon when they were blood testing and it tested positive for AIDs. I've googled this a bit but couldn't find anything substantial, anybody have the story on this?

During the notes for the Oregon Raw, Dave mentioned that there was a big issue in the early 90s where Howard Finkel turned in a blood sample for Hogan in Oregon when they were blood testing and it tested positive for AIDs. I've googled this a bit but couldn't find anything substantial, anybody have the story on this?

No, nobody tested positive, but that Hogan had someone take the test for him and then lost so much weight led to rumors that he had AIDS.

I'm just finding out about Karl now and my heart and prayers go out to him.  Hell of a great guy.

He is being very brave about it and being very Southern asin "don't want to make a big fuss about all this" in his approach to it.

I know there are plenty of issues with the network but the idea of having the WWE booking meetings shown on the network in order to boost interest seems like a horrible idea.

1.  You are really appealing to the smart mark section of the industry and I don't think they are enough people to help boost the numbers.  Plus if you are appealing to the smart mark section the first thing people would want is more wrestling content.  

2.  You are setting yourself up for a worked booking meeting in order to build "characters".  This company is already screwed up to figure the scenario of working a booking meeting storyline to set up a WWE storyline

The example that people are using is the Nevada state commission hearings that are shown on Fight Pass.  First of all it is debatable how the hearings are actually helping the number of viewers of Fight Pass but the reason why people were watching was because it was a complete train wreck and kind of embarrassing for the sport of MMA. 

I don't think so.  It is based on this Observer Radio show with this Jack Encarnacao of Sherdog.   Although Jack claims that Court Bauer said the idea was brought up in the WWE a couple years ago and Triple H thought it was a bad idea.    

• Like 1