DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

Bryan reads the Observer every week going back nearly 20 years he has been exposed to Wrestling history.

20 years only gets you to 1994. I would hope he knows a little more than Undertaker vs. Undertaker at SummerSlam.

You do realise that Meltzer writes history pieces, bios and obituaries right? Or are you attempting a joke? I am honestly unsure about this place nowadays. A few years ago you could take it as red that everyone at least at one time subscribed to the Observer.

From today's update

--No UFC this weekend.  The fact that makes me very happy should be concerning to those in charge because until this year I'd have never said it in that way.

i'm happy too.

There is World Series of Fighting and Glory PPV (also on Spike) this weekend so he will cover that. There are two UFCs next Saturday to make up for this weekend.

And FSW and Matt D?

The thread topic is far more interesting than the trolling for the sake of trolling that they seem to have free reign to do.

Sure. Yeah. Whatever you want. Just put them on ignore already.

And FSW and Matt D?

The thread topic is far more interesting than the trolling for the sake of trolling that they seem to have free reign to do.

Sure. Yeah. Whatever you want. Just put them on ignore already.

I don't why see why they aren't warned to be honest. They pick the fight I don't. Also when they pick the fight others take it as a green light to troll/personally attack too. So even if I do put them on ignore it only helps matters so much and threads will get derailed anyway.

From today's update

--No UFC this weekend.  The fact that makes me very happy should be concerning to those in charge because until this year I'd have never said it in that way.

i'm happy too.

There is World Series of Fighting and Glory PPV (also on Spike) this weekend so he will cover that. There are two UFCs next Saturday to make up for this weekend.

Bellator, drug testing etc still dominate discussion even on an off week sadly.

I have subscribed to Meltzer. It was a joke. Give me a break, it's been a long week.

No worries. Just different times these days. There are people who think the Observer is JUST news and nothing else.

The point is that he obviously can not or does not call upon that supposed wealth of information while doing his job and analyzing professional wrestling, so his opinions about something he is supposed to be an expert about often come off as ill-informed at best.

It's an issue and something he should be called upon. I'm not even sure how that is arguable.

Everyone fucks up.  Larry Matysik's book about the 50 greatest wrestlers ever had a big boo-boo when he said Andre the Giant turned heel on Hulk Hogan with the help of Ted Dibiase instead of Bobby Heenan.  

From today's Observer update

"--It was seven years ago today that Nancy Benoit was killed, likely by husband Chris.  Nancy was known in wrestling as The Fallen Angel and later as Woman in Florida, WCW and ECW."

Likely.

• Like 1

From today's Observer update

"--It was seven years ago today that Nancy Benoit was killed, likely by husband Chris.  Nancy was known in wrestling as The Fallen Angel and later as Woman in Florida, WCW and ECW."

Likely.

Meltzer is a big believer in innocent until proven guilty and Benoit was never convicted in a criminal court? 

That's all I got. 

Someone on PWO suggested that maybe Meltz said likely as in it was likely that it actually happened on this day but no one knows 100% what day it all went down and so he didn't want to just assume today was the day the crime was committed.