DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

More gold for all you Bryan Alvarez haters:  he was supposed to review Clash of the Champions I on a recent podcast, but he accidentally watched Clash IV, never once questioning the entire time that he might be watching the wrong show and fully accepted that Ric Flair vs. Bobby Eaton was the main event of the very first Clash.

The author of The Death of WCW apparently had no idea that the 45 minute Sting/Ric Flair match headlined The Clash of the Champions, arguably one of the biggest shows in Crockett history.

And somehow you mistyped Flair vs. Eaton when the Clash IV main event was Horsemen vs. Midnights. Guess we all make mistakes.

Aw shit, my mistake.  Bryan kept raving about Flair and Eaton, so I thought that was the main event.

BTW, I'm not a Bryan hater, I'm just always amazed how someone whose career could be so consumed in pro wrestling could be so ignorant to any event that happened before about 1990.

Jesus, just rename this thread to something about rovert defending two dudes who don't even know him.

EDIT: You know rovert will respond to this too.

I really wish Herb and/or Alvarez would show up here and give him the verbal handjob he's so desperate for. Maybe he'll be able to move on in life.

Jesus, just rename this thread to something about rovert defending two dudes who don't even know him.

Why wouldn't I respond to this? Your post is nonsense and not so shockingly didn't engage in any of the points I made. Neither did the others who just jumped in with their boring personal attacks. Face of the matter is there's no incentive for Bryan to do more than he does.

How am I defending him here? You can be as idealistic all you want but I was just giving the reality of the matter

Guys there's no incentive for Bryan to know what he's talking about. Not as long as men like rovert will stand at his side, the white knight of the internet wrestling community.

Stop tantruming and follow me around with useless, nonsensical posts like this. It is just trolling for the sake of trolling with no interest in facts or making legitimate points.

I was neither defending or white knighting him. I was just outline things that anyone who paid the remotest attention or subscribed for any amount of time would know. I've been as critical as anyone of what he does and doesn't watch. So per usual you are dreadfully off base.

The only bizarre crusade is you with me. As you endlessly follow me around and keep coming up with easily dismissible nonsense claims. It has gone back like 4+ years now. I genuinely don't think you have gotten the better of any exchange with me but you keep coming back.

Please stop derailing discussion with nonsense. I've no idea why you are rendering an opinion on Bryan I don't think you have ever subscribed and have stated you would never pay for Wrestling news or whatever. The only reason you post in this thread is me. 

I wish some folks would pay attention: Alvarez's problem isn't ignorance, it's an infamously TERRIBLE memory and a stubborn unwillingness to do much research or almost ever admit he was wrong.  Like rovert said (and really y'all are giving him more shit than he deserves), it's insane to think he's simply never been exposed to any of this information before.  He just forgets it and then doesn't bother looking it up again.  Same result, different cause, but the difference is important.  

The only bizarre crusade is you with me. As you endlessly follow me around and keep coming up with easily dismissible nonsense claims. It has gone back like 4+ years now. I genuinely don't think you have gotten the better of any exchange with me but you keep coming back.

Please stop derailing discussion with nonsense. I've no idea why you are rendering an opinion on Bryan I don't think you have ever subscribed and have stated you would never pay for Wrestling news or whatever. The only reason you post in this thread is me.

You fascinate me. You're like a complete parody of a troll, in that you troll people for things they don't care about instead of things they do.

Really odd post FSW.

Just really bored of the same thing over and over. Especially in a thread you have next to zero to contribute that is on topic and informed.

I wish some folks would pay attention: Alvarez's problem isn't ignorance, it's an infamously TERRIBLE memory and a stubborn unwillingness to do much research or almost ever admit he was wrong.  Like rovert said (and really y'all are giving him more shit than he deserves), it's insane to think he's simply never been exposed to any of this information before.  He just forgets it and then doesn't bother looking it up again.  Same result, different cause, but the difference is important.  

On the Clash thing he also is kind of oblivious/half on auto pilot at times. As consequence of that he leans on a very established schtick and range of talking points.

Bryan reads the Observer every week going back nearly 20 years he has been exposed to Wrestling history.

The point is that he obviously can not or does not call upon that supposed wealth of information while doing his job and analyzing professional wrestling, so his opinions about something he is supposed to be an expert about often come off as ill-informed at best.

It's an issue and something he should be called upon. I'm not even sure how that is arguable.

The point is that he obviously can not or dies not call upon that supposed wealth of information while doing his job and analyzing professional wrestling, so his opinions about something he is supposed to be an expert about often come off as ill-informed at best.

It's an issue and something he should be called upon. I'm not even sure how that is arguable.

I don't disagree with that in theory. But like I said before all the trolling stuff he never claimed to be a historian. When is more of a newsletter guy he said he didn't consider himself a journalist he was just a "writer" now he is seems to refer to himself as a podcaster/radio host/website owner. In short lower your standards appropriately.

Why wouldn't I respond to this?  

Because you know you're being trolled and don't want to continue giving your troll what he wants? Unless you do want to keep giving him what he wants. Because if that's the case then I'd have to hold you both responsible for "derailing the thread".

That's right. Both of you.

Oh God Soccer banter

Why wouldn't I respond to this?  

Because you know you're being trolled and don't want to continue giving your troll what he wants? Unless you do want to keep giving him what he wants. Because if that's the case then I'd have to hold you both responsible for "derailing the thread".

That's right. Both of you.

And FSW and Matt D?

The thread topic is far more interesting than the trolling for the sake of trolling that they seem to have free reign to do.