DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

I'd rather tach TNA over listening to Foreigner, but I am in my mid twenties so... Yeah.

Honestly, I think Jeff Hardy fans and the diehard anti WWE fans are the only ones left. I'll check to see what Spud and EC3 do his Sunday but beyond that, who cares? This company won't die no matter what. Nuclear war could break out, Impact will still draw that .9 every Thursday.

I'm the same age range and I'd pick Foreigner/Styx over TNA. 

Is it safe that TNA has the worst national wrestling product put out in the last 25 years? This crap makes WWF and WCW at their worst look like must-see TV. 

The Abrams UWF is probably a contender, though at least Herbie actually promoted his promotion.  Getting Doc on The Tonight Show was a stroke of genius.

At least the UWF was fun to watch as a trainwreck. TNA is like watching a relative slowly die. 

I'd rather tach TNA over listening to Foreigner, but I am in my mid twenties so... Yeah.

Honestly, I think Jeff Hardy fans and the diehard anti WWE fans are the only ones left. I'll check to see what Spud and EC3 do his Sunday but beyond that, who cares? This company won't die no matter what. Nuclear war could break out, Impact will still draw that .9 every Thursday.

Is it safe that TNA has the worst national wrestling product put out in the last 25 years? This crap makes WWF and WCW at their worst look like must-see TV. 

The Abrams UWF is probably a contender, though at least Herbie actually promoted his promotion.  Getting Doc on The Tonight Show was a stroke of genius.

At least the UWF was fun to watch as a trainwreck. TNA is like watching a relative slowly die. 

I've had more fun watching Relative's slowly die.

• Like 1

I've had more fun watching Relative's slowly die.

I can't wait for Vince to buy TNA. I'm sure the "Fall and Perpetual Decline of TNA" DVD will be a riot. 

• Like 1

No need to limit the debate to worst national wrestling product. Impact is in the argument for the worst television show ever. At least for shows that somehow managed to stay on the air over a year. 

Impact's better than Total Divas (at least the second season) and it's not as bad as shit like Two And A Half Men.  So they got that going for them, I guess.

Maybe if you add Lockdown, Sacrifice, and however many One Night Only PPVs were released this year together you can get to 6K buys.  No way they've gotten 6K for any one show though.

When it comes to the WWE Network, I think a lot of wrestling fans have just seriously overestimated how many people want to watch wrestling all the time, especially when it requires more than just turning the TV on.

Divas have a hard time getting over when positioned as the champion. The division for years has been AJ and then a bunch of interchangeable, awful parts. If Alicia Fox can get over with this gimmick without needing the title to do so, it's a really great step in adding depth to the division.

AJ did a promo burying the division as worthless, which buried her as a paper champion. Then Paige got a fluke win on the paper champion and is having to defend the title against the same group of worthless losers.

Allegedly Kevin Dunn really likes Alicia Fox and it seems like a lot of us here also like Alicia Fox, so maybe we have similar wrestling interests as Kevin Dunn.

But yeah, apparently Vince and Dunn are down on Adam Rose and Paige. I haven't watched NXT aside from Arrival and Takeover, but the Rose vignettes did nothing for me and having Cole dancing along hasn't helped. I just don't understand why he's a professional wrestler. I think Bo Dallas is fine but the gimmick isn't getting over quick because it was based around him originally being a babyface, not getting over and then becoming delusional about it. That's a pretty big part of the character's evolution that they've just skipped on Raw. As for Paige, I think she's a fine wrestler and I've enjoyed some of her matches, but she's completely directionless and while I might get heat for this, I'm not digging Alica Fox's character or their feud.

The best theory I heard (think it was Loss at PWO) is that HHH and Dunn are at WAR for the future of the company's soul, which mainly amounts to Dunn seeing the writing on the wall and trying to preemptively shit on everything coming up out of NXT.

• Like 1

We've all seen the WWE line of reasoning being "take the shit we give you and make it something great," which she hasn't. She's had limited promo time and been boring and her matches, while clearly more technically sound than the rest of the divas, haven't been anything special enough to gain the interest of the crowd. You could say she "should" be given more, but you could say that about nearly the entire roster.

I might be being a little hard on her, but the lack of anything interesting happening with the Divas is glaring after seeing what AJ was able to do before she left.

I legitimately have no idea what she could really be expected to do. I'm not one to suggest that the wrestlers should always be totally absolved of the blame and that it should go 100% on creative, but she really hasn't had any type of a storyline to work with, aside from working a few matches against Alicia Fox and even in those, it's Fox who is the one who has been given something. Aside from her debut, I don't think Paige has really been put in a position to get over and I don't really see how anyone else with the same booking would really do any better.

Is Impact worse than late days Thunder?

Is anyone brave enough to try and do a full comparison?

Thunder was part of a greater "Oh WCW, you're just so demented that it's almost delightful" arc.

Impact is a standalone carambolage of fail.

I can't wait for Trips to kick Dunn out the door, hasn't he before stated he doesn't even like wrestling yet is a major part of the largest wrestling company ever? There has been nothing for Paige to do and Adam Rose was brought in as some happy go lucky face when he should have been an aloof heel who interrupted matches with his obnoxious antics. Instead he was given the Cole Bump, similar to the Colbert Bump except that the Cole Bump, in this case dancing along with Rose, negatively impacts your popularity. He has a chantable theme and a punch able face/attitude, do something with it!

I am positive they wanted Emma to fail, another case of people paid to write failing to write jack all for her to do. It should be an easy crowd pop for Emma's dance and instead we have this awkward pairing with Santino.