DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

Bryan didn't understand why she had to lose, especially since one of her freak-outs was after winning.

I haven't heard the Post Raw show yet but I do agree that have Fox be a loser is hardly the way to make people the title match will be anything different.  I have a bad feeling that in about 3 months this will be like "hey remember when Alicia Fox was going crazy and the internet loved it.  Yeah good times" 

Well it's either that or 3 months from now everyone is saying "Ugh they're still doing this crazy Alicia bit...they run everything into the ground"

There is a narrow point in the nerd space time continuum for anything to exist and leave and remain cool. And no one has ever nailed it .

Divas have a hard time getting over when positioned as the champion. The division for years has been AJ and then a bunch of interchangeable, awful parts. If Alicia Fox can get over with this gimmick without needing the title to do so, it's a really great step in adding depth to the division.

Well it's either that or 3 months from now everyone is saying "Ugh they're still doing this crazy Alicia bit...they run everything into the ground"

There is a narrow point in the nerd space time continuum for anything to exist and leave and remain cool. And no one has ever nailed it .

THE YOUNG ONES?

Okay listened to the RAW post show.   I think the main issue isn't concerning alicia Fox and more with Bryan overcaring more than Dave does.  Bryan seems to have this mentality if these really little things like the Alicia Fox booking were better than the WWE would make more money and better ratings and the network would be huge and Dave is like why are we making a deal about this it doesn't matter.

Although Bryan idea that nobody really cares about Alicia Fox because isn't winning is typical "in the bubble thinking".  People are more interested in her than 2 months ago.  Whether people will give a shit two month after this is another problem.

Okay listened to the RAW post show.   I think the main issue isn't concerning alicia Fox and more with Bryan overcaring more than Dave does.  Bryan seems to have this mentality if these really little things like the Alicia Fox booking were better than the WWE would make more money and better ratings and the network would be huge and Dave is like why are we making a deal about this it doesn't matter.

Although Bryan idea that nobody really cares about Alicia Fox because isn't winning is typical "in the bubble thinking".  People are more interested in her than 2 months ago.  Whether people will give a shit two month after this is another problem.

That was a really frustrating listen.  I don't watch Alicia Fox matches because I'm excited to see her win, I watch them to see what weird shit she's going to do after the match.  She's taken the normal "losing gimmick" death angle and actually done something interesting with it.  And as a result, her match at Payback is a win-win.  Either she wins the title and throws a crazy celebration, or she loses and she really loses her shit.

THE YOUNG ONES?

Ooooo...that's good.

Gregg will hate me for this but Alicia is a better worker than AJ and is playing the crazy b!*#h off her rocker role more convincingly than AJ as well. AJ was a good bumper but overall Alicia is just better.

Alicia has grown on me a ton lately, like she should. But she wasn't involved in anything interesting for a few years. That's not her fault, obviously. But AJ was given the ball and ran with it for a long time. I don't think Bryan becomes what he became without his AJ angle. She did great stuff with Kane, Punk and Ziggler. The only thing she really fell flat at was the commissioner stuff, but that always falls flat. The Pipebombshell is one of the best promos in recent memory. And she was the only woman who obviously cared about her performances for a good two years.

But Alicia got awesome. Her NXT matches have been really solid and her current stuff has been absolutely batshit. But she's been doing it for three weeks. Let's give her some more time.

I hope Alicia doesn't win the title. When was the last time the Divas division had more than one person worth watching? LayCool?

I didn't love LayCool. I thought Layla was pretty awesome and Michelle was okay but it was still a rip off of the Beautiful People. Say what you want about Velvet and Angelina but they are great mean girls. Mickie was worth watching because the intensity of any match she was involved in went up several notches from a standard diva tag.

I'd say the division has pretty much sucked since Trish, Mickie, Victoria, Lita.. whoever else I'm forgetting. That was probably around 2006?  

If only they would give Sara Del Rey an on-screen role. Trouble is, none of the divas could keep up with her. WWE might actually have to hire some ladies off the indy circuit that *shudder* aren't quite as attractive as the standard diva. Vince would never go for that.