DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

I know we shouldn't expect anything different from Alvarez but do we really need a detail reason why Bray Wyatt got all of those kids with them in the beginning of RAW.  Maybe it would make for an interesting segment but it didn't take away from the segment.

Les Thatcher will likely ask the same thing on Wrestling Weekly.

I know we shouldn't expect anything different from Alvarez but do we really need a detail reason why Bray Wyatt got all of those kids with them in the beginning of RAW.  Maybe it would make for an interesting segment but it didn't take away from the segment.

Les Thatcher will likely ask the same thing on Wrestling Weekly.

When he isn't bitching about how Daniel Bryan didn't sell the shoulder when he won the title at Wrestlemania

Sandow's new gimmick should involve coming out in some Lisa-Simpson-as-Florida version of a supervillain costume every week and mispronouncing their name or getting one of their key mannerisms slightly off, like the drug store knockoff toy version of the actual character.

That, or after Slater decides to embark on his carbohydrate, sequined-jumpsuit, young-girls-in-white-cotton-panties, waking-up-in-a-pool-of-your-own-vomit, bloated-purple-dead-on-a-toilet phase, he takes over the group and they become Sandow Ballet.

• Like 6

Dunno if this has been discussed yet, but Shoemaker's column on Daniel Bryan on Grantland is wanky even for him, and I say that as one of the few fans of the guy on this board. 

He overanalyzes and overanalyzes and drops big words here and there, when his whole thing can be explained by saying Bryan's in a holding pattern right now waiting for Lesnar at SummerSlam. The bigger issue is the lack of viable challengers for Bryan. Orton's played, Batista apparently doesn't wanna do a clean job to Bryan and no one really wants to see him do anything anyway. A temporary, placeholding Bryan-HHH thing might be OK if done right, but that horse may have been beaten to near-death already.

Dunno if this has been discussed yet, but Shoemaker's column on Daniel Bryan on Grantland is wanky even for him, and I say that as one of the few fans of the guy on this board. 

He overanalyzes and overanalyzes and drops big words here and there, when his whole thing can be explained by saying Bryan's in a holding pattern right now waiting for Lesnar at SummerSlam. The bigger issue is the lack of viable challengers for Bryan. Orton's played, Batista apparently doesn't wanna do a clean job to Bryan and no one really wants to see him do anything anyway. A temporary, placeholding Bryan-HHH thing might be OK if done right, but that horse may have been beaten to near-death already.

I really think they should make use of the new Network format and have at least one PPV be a big tag match with Bryan part of it. 

I mentioned on twitter that if his friends know he's a wrestling fan, they wouldn't be too shocked if he was watching a bunch of naked dudes dancing around. That's what wrestling looks like to a lot of people anyway.

--This is a feel good pro wrestling story at http://youtu.be/njFdlTyASLg It's a Japanese TV show called Knight Scoop about a 97-year-old woman who has loved pro wrestling dating back to Rikidozan's days, and how she still hates all the foreigners, most notably Abdullah the Butcher. She is now in hospice care and is passing the time by watching wrestling DVDs with the nurses. There are times they think she may be passing into a coma, but when they put a DVD on and tell her wrestling is on, she becomes responsive. She's now a big fan of Dragon Gate, and in particular, Yosuke Santa Maria. But even though she's been a fan from the beginnings of pro wrestling in Japan, she had never been to a live show. Now she's living in a facility, so the wrestlers from Dragon Gate came to the facility and did a show especially for her. (thanks to Jae Church and others)

Creidt: f4wonline.com

Aww.

• Like 3

Not sure if I got the logic by Meltzer that Japanese wrestlers like Liger and Muta are more over in the US than the current crop of New Japan stars because it was harder to get Japan tapes during their prime than it is now and are more appreciated.   If that is true then shouldn't we go apeshit over Baba and Inoki because you have to pay lots of pennies for their prime?

Two seemingly rushed call-ups bombing in a row from Hunter's pet project tarnishes his internal image and may begin to call into doubt his ability to lead the company after Vince "retires."

Two seemingly rushed call-ups bombing in a row from Hunter's pet project tarnishes his internal image and may begin to call into doubt his ability to lead the company after Vince "retires."

Who's the other bomb? Emma or Rusev? Neither are doing particularly well. There were a lot of failures during Johnny Ace's time as head of talent relations, ditto even JR. Sometimes guys who succeed in the lower level bomb when they move up, it happens everywhere. 

Paige seems to be doing pretty well. Bo Dallas' debut will be more telling, especially since they pushed him as their top heel for a long time. 

To be fair, I don't think Hunter's to blame for the call-ups not working as much as the writers are, Emma and Paige are perfectly capable in the ring, but the writers have nothing for the divas, as per usual. Rusev's EASY to book, but the writers are half-assing his push like they did with Tensai. Rose was called up too early, though. He's still a work in progress.

I was talking about Rose and Emma, both were pushed on their personalities/entrances and flopped.  Had Emma come in as a foil for AJ, I think she would have been more well received.  Rose has always been seen as just an entrance

Johnny Ace and JR weren't seen as the future of the company, either.

Just because some of HHH's people haven't panned out shouldn't be some indicator that he can't run the company. Was it HHH's idea to have Michael Cole dancing along to Adam Rose and making whatever coolness the gimmick could have had wind up appearing totally lame? And let's be honest, it's not like every gimmick and guy Vince brought in in the 80's and early 90's was a total success. No one that Triple H has brought in has severely crippled the business. I'm not saying he's a lock to lead the WWE into the next stratosphere, but questioning his ability to take over because Rose and Emma haven't gotten over is just silly.