DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

Anyone else think its weird that Bryan and Dave have no idea how to pronounce Magneto and seemingly have no idea who this character is?

Well Bryan doesn't know who Jesse Owens or Bo Jackson are so him not knowing Magneto makes perfect sense

• Like 1

Magneto has been in a bunch of blockbuster motion pictures at least.

The sadder thing is Sandow not having a better costume, given the millions of coslplayers that have seemingly replica outfits for any character in the world.

I thought Sandow's Hot Topic hoodie was fine for the gimmick - any more elaborate and it would have implied that he was "into" comic books and not using Hugh Jackman's pop culture fame against him. The sound effect was a nice touch.  Also, notice that HJ used the British pronunciation of "magneto", alternate to the accepted Marvel pronunciation of "Magneto".

I apologize for overly defending a B-level WWE celebrity skit. I am not on the payroll.

sorry,

RAF

To be fair, Andre kind of did it to Hogan. Come to think of it, it happened a lot in the late 80s/early 90s that I've seen. From the bigger guys, anyway.

Wasn't as good as Andre actually pinning Hogan for 3 after the failed slam attempt in the beginning of the match that the ref stopped counting for.

Even better was Heenan POINTING IT OUT on the special right before Mania 8 where he and Monsoon redid the commentary for the match (to show Hogan's top two matches without Jesse commentary)

Sandow's new gimmick should involve coming out in some Lisa-Simpson-as-Florida version of a supervillain costume every week and mispronouncing their name or getting one of their key mannerisms slightly off, like the drug store knockoff toy version of the actual character.

• Like 1

I know we shouldn't expect anything different from Alvarez but do we really need a detail reason why Bray Wyatt got all of those kids with them in the beginning of RAW.  Maybe it would make for an interesting segment but it didn't take away from the segment.

Our 11 year old even said "He's even turning the kids against him now" in that segment. Seems like it was pretty obvious, so no need for any further explanation I wouldn't think.

The fact that Alvarez can't understand what 11 year old's can is just one of the many reasons why he's a waste as far as his work goes.

• Like 2