DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

Have F4W done a radio show about the Abu Dhabi UFC yet?

I just skipped through the show w/ Dave and Bryan that was put up tonight and no sign of it. It'll probably be covered on the next show.

Atari 2600 guy here.  I owned Pac-Man, E.T., AND Raiders Of The Lost Ark on that system.

Can you get the Network on the N64?

You can get it on the Atari 2600 but first you have to get the shovel and still have the parachute.  And if you get caught on that one stupid fucking branch sticking out you only get to watch WM 9 over and over.

• Like 5

Dave was on fire on sunday night show, with his rants about the Warrior and Tito.

What he'd say about Warrior?  Missed the show, but it seems a little odd to rant about the recently deceased.

For that matter, what did he say about Tito (I'm assuming he wasn't talking about Tito Santana)?

The Warrior stuff was basically that Dave believes it was irresponsible for a 50-year-old man with young children to do what it takes to maintain the Warrior physique, especially since he wasn't even in the business anymore.

And the Tito (Ortiz) stuff was about how Tito really has no business fighting anymore, because of his litany of injuries.

I thought it was more about the hypocrisy of it (and past situations) since he did emphatically state that he wasn't necessarily talking about Warrior. Either way, Dave was really pissed.

It's never surprising to me when the dudes who lived through the 80's (and even the 90's, to a slightly lesser degree) drop dead while relatively young. Dynamite Kid talked about the drug abuse in his book, saying that Dr. Zahorian was basically just giving them bags full of gear, Valium, barbituates, opiates, amphetamine pills (I believe something like Dexedrine) etc. On top of that there was all the drinking and doing coke and who knows what else. They also weren't to up on cycling steroids back then either, and it's obvious those guys were on ridiculous amounts of Test, deca, dianabol, winstrol and who knows what else. 

• Like 1

Atari 2600 guy here.  I owned Pac-Man, E.T., AND Raiders Of The Lost Ark on that system.

Can you get the Network on the N64?

You can get it on the Atari 2600 but first you have to get the shovel and still have the parachute.  And if you get caught on that one stupid fucking branch sticking out you only get to watch WM 9 over and over.

Plus you need to figure out the right mesa by standing in the map room with the secret medallion item.

It's never surprising to me when the dudes who lived through the 80's (and even the 90's, to a slightly lesser degree) drop dead while relatively young. Dynamite Kid talked about the drug abuse in his book, saying that Dr. Zahorian was basically just giving them bags full of gear, Valium, barbituates, opiates, amphetamine pills (I believe something like Dexedrine) etc. On top of that there was all the drinking and doing coke and who knows what else. They also weren't to up on cycling steroids back then either, and it's obvious those guys were on ridiculous amounts of Test, deca, dianabol, winstrol and who knows what else. 

Given how many of their peers have dropped dead, while each case is a shock and a tragedy, its a wonder any of the guys are still walking and talking. . . 

Warrior last worked a full year in wrestling at the age of 32 (in 1991). After that, he had 7 months off, a 7 months in the WWF, 3 years off, 3 months in the WWE, 2 years off, 3 months in WCW, and he hasn't worked under contract in Wrestling after the age of 39. So while he had family history working against him (father/grandfather dead before 60 according to Bix), if he worked full-time after the age of 32, he may have dropped sooner than he did

Hulk Hogan still going strong should tell you how unpredictable these things can be

For those of you with the INSIDER~! access - Alan had Dean on as his guest this week on the Podcast

Stolen from Facebook

DR. KEITH PRESENTS: "They moved the ring!"

This week we are graced on the DKP by a man we've wanted to have on for years. A multi-time Joe Vs. The World guest, and the founder of the Death Valley Driver Video Review (DVDVR!), the great man himself, DEAN RASMUSSEN~! So join Alan and Dean for an hour of wrestling chat about Dick Murdoch vs. Mr. Pogo, young Curt Hennig, Akebono and everything in between. Plus, we reveal the secret to the perfect topé! An hour of rambling wrestle-talk that breezes by, and we only began to scratch the surface of things we could talk to Dean about! CHECK IT!!!

For those of you with the INSIDER~! access - Alan had Dean on as his guest this week on the Podcast

Stolen from Facebook

DR. KEITH PRESENTS: "They moved the ring!"

This week we are graced on the DKP by a man we've wanted to have on for years. A multi-time Joe Vs. The World guest, and the founder of the Death Valley Driver Video Review (DVDVR!), the great man himself, DEAN RASMUSSEN~! So join Alan and Dean for an hour of wrestling chat about Dick Murdoch vs. Mr. Pogo, young Curt Hennig, Akebono and everything in between. Plus, we reveal the secret to the perfect topé! An hour of rambling wrestle-talk that breezes by, and we only began to scratch the surface of things we could talk to Dean about! CHECK IT!!!

Is there a link for this digital edumacation?!?!?!

por favor,

RAF

With all this Warrior talk, Meltzer really pushes the idea that Hogan sabotaged Warrior after 'Mania 6 with the kicking out after the three, the selling of the loss, and the handing the belt, and making the sad face and shit like that. Meltzer makes it sound like one of the all-time fucked up double-crosses.

Am I wrong for not really seeing that? I mean, is this just general consensus or is it just Dave over-reacting for the last 20 years? Curious to what everyone thinks.

I always thought it was a nice moment and a touching thing for Hogan to do. But that might also because both guys were two of my favorites as a young pup and that's what I want to believe.