DVDVR Message Board

DIRTSHEETZ~! THREAD

RIPPA

Like Candyman, every time I hear her name, I keep looking over my shoulder to make sure SS hasn't appeared to kill me. 

***EXTREMELY*** short version.  She accused CRZ of raping someone.

She had no evidence of this other than "I pulled this out of my ass" and (COMPLETELY my opinion) it had to do a lot with her depression issues about being a trans woman and becoming extremely aggressive/idiotic because of it.

I hate that I remember any of this.

WHAT? I have no memory if this. I was talking about Sean saying CRZ tried to blackmail her: Sean had posted to WebMD or DrKoop or something using her real name about how she was cutting herself because she thought Vince Russo named Shane Helms and Shannon Moore ("Shane and Shannon") as a way to troll her. Sean said CRZ found it and used it for BLACKMAIL.

Fuck - I remember that now.

Sadly - that was I think when it really really dawned on me that the internet was filled with nothing but crazy people

eric szulczewski, he wrote for 411/InsidePulse, and was a *slightly* more mature version of Hyatte.

Last I saw of him he was the "spokesperson" for the Chicago branch of Anonymous, thus killing the entire gimmick.

Oh my gosh, I totally forgot about that guy. One minute, he'd be talking about Kurt Angle or whatever, and the next he would launch into this whole deal about how they changed the dosage on his meds and instead of sleeping, he would just sit upright in a chair for eight hours thinking and being really depressed.

God, I feel intense self-loathing at how many of those names I recognize and used to read.  So much wasted youth.

66. Jeb Tennyson Lund

Isn't this Mobutu from Gawker/Twitter/Other places?  Weird.

• Like 1

Yeah, Eric was trying for an intellectual wrestling column that *ahem* frequently got very off topic and strange and... Why the fuck did I keep reading his shit for years?

Well, you couldn't post to the Ohio State message boards all the time, could you?

I kid because I love, Brian. 

BTW - who was/is Eric S and why did he apparently have a blood feud with Dean?

Vaguely recall him from 411(?).  He recapped RAW with these long-winded, overwritten pieces that I doubt anyone really read all the way through.  He also had this strange cartoon fetish - mostly Bugs Bunny stuff - that...yeah.  I seem to recall he had some meltdown after 9/11 but I do not recall the particulars.

What his beef was with Dean, I have no clue

He referred to pundit Barbara Olson as "a right-wing troglodyte" in particular and pissed on her corpse in general less than a week after she died during 9/11. And the community lost their collective mind about it and demanded that The Smarks dump him. Which they did almost immediately.  

eric szulczewski, he wrote for 411/InsidePulse, and was a *slightly* more mature version of Hyatte.

Last I saw of him he was the "spokesperson" for the Chicago branch of Anonymous, thus killing the entire gimmick.

Eric vaguely threatened to have someone (Polish organized crime?) murder me for reasons I've long since forgotten. It didn't take. Sometime later, I somehow ended up with his address, and realized he lived in a apartment literally next door from where I was living at that time. Altogether, my favorite Internet death treat.

Sean Shannon is one of a very small number of people who've actually paid me for writing about wrestling things on the internet, which probably doesn't help your evaluation of her.

• Like 2

Like Candyman, every time I hear her name, I keep looking over my shoulder to make sure SS hasn't appeared to kill me. 

***EXTREMELY*** short version.  She accused CRZ of raping someone.

She had no evidence of this other than "I pulled this out of my ass" and (COMPLETELY my opinion) it had to do a lot with her depression issues about being a trans woman and becoming extremely aggressive/idiotic because of it.

I hate that I remember any of this.

WHAT? I have no memory if this. I was talking about Sean saying CRZ tried to blackmail her: Sean had posted to WebMD or DrKoop or something using her real name about how she was cutting herself because she thought Vince Russo named Shane Helms and Shannon Moore ("Shane and Shannon") as a way to troll her. Sean said CRZ found it and used it for BLACKMAIL.

This wasn't me either!  (That sounds more like Chris Hyatte.)

I'm not even sure what I would even have blackmailed Sean for...I already had my own site and all the bandwidth in the world to waste.

I DEFINITELY don't remember being accused of raping anybody.  I DO remember the rantsylmania page redirecting to that rape page, though.  But I'm pretty sure I had nothing to do with that.

(But I DID pick up nwwwo.com after it expired and still have it.  Sadly, their "nWWWo FAQ," probably the greatest web page in the history of the Internet, did not get archived.)

(And I am responsible - or to be blamed - for the rspw.org archive.)

(And The W has 12 years of archived nonsense, unlike this place.)

(To learn MORE about me...)

• Like 5

I could've sworn he did at least a couple.

Simmons probably isn't an MMA fan, because he tends to wear his loves on his sleeve and he's never talked about MMA. I'd bet it was just decided that MMA wasn't worth covering on Grantland. 

Plus, you have to wonder about UFC being on Fox and how maybe ABC/ESPN/Grantland might not want to promote it.

I don't think it's that since ESPN has boxing (there is a "World Heavyweight" title bout in primetime on main ESPN coming up), and Grantland has jackshit on boxing. Plus, Simmons talks boxing (Floyd, Pac, and Triple G at least) way more than MMA.

Sure sportswriters know Manny and Floyd, along with most of the world, but aside from that, I think they would struggle to name 5 other current boxers. I wouldn't consider that to mean they have any any knowledge of hockey whatsoever. I mean, I know who Ryan Braun and David Ortiz are, but I haven't watched baseball since the late 90's.

I don't think that's really the issue since boxing has experienced quite a resurgence in television ratings in the last 2 1/2 years. Add in the fact that two Floyd bouts did 3.1 million buys in a calendar year while WWE did around 3.2 million. The talent is definitely out there and better than half the crap currently on Grantland. The guys from The Cruelest Sports will probably do it for free. Given the quality of the stuff I've read on Grantland, I am perfectly fine with those guys staying where they are.

I can't be bothered to comment on that list because, content aside, the font color gives me a headache.

1. Chris Hyatte

2. Bob Ryder

3. Dave Scherer

4. Wade Keller

5. Jonathan Widro & Ashish Pabari

7. Dave Meltzer

8. Me

9. Scott Keith

10. Sean Shannon

11. Mike Samuda

12. Rick Scaia

13. Al Isaacs

14. Dean Rasmussen

15. Eric Szulczewski

16. Greg Dillard

17. Jeff Marek

18. Herb Kunze

19. EC Ostermeyer

20. Mark Madden

21. Bob Morris

22. Rob Feinstein

23. Joey Styles

24. Zach Arnold

25. Josh Nason

25. Bill Milano (hmm, two #25s - must be a mistake)

26. Buck Woodward

27. tOA

28. Phil Rippa

29. Bruce Mitchell

30. Rajah Kumar

31. Mike Mooneyham

32. Jon Petrie

33. Michael K. Johnson II

34. Bob Magee

35. Honky Tonk Man

36. Dave Gagnon

37. Diamond Dallas Page

38. Ray Duffy

39. Seth Mates

40. Ultimate Warrior

41. Don Becker

42. Georgianne Makropoulos

43. The Cubs Fan

44. Kevin Podsiadlik

45. "That Chick from Scoops years ago who use to be involved with the business but told everyone to forget her name" (I will guess he's probably talking about Carrie A. Zohn [n�e Messantonio])

46. Al Galdi

47. Mark Coale

48. Tom the Actuary

49. Terry Talyor

50. IGN

51. Jeff McGinnis

52. Ken Anderson

53. Jon Richardson

54. GP Ryan

55. BJ Bethel

56. ?

57. Freakboy

58. Ben Miller

59. Remy "The Slammer" Artega

60. Josh Shiaman

61. Erik Ashley

62. Michael Jenkinson

63. Joshua Grutman

64. Bryan Alvarez

65. Jason Powell

66. Jeb Tennyson Lund

67. Jess McGrath

68. Jeremy Botter

69. Scotsman

70. Luke Johnston

71. Mike Michaelson

72. Lance Storm

73. Ben Morse

74. Tom Zenk

75. The Superstar

76. Chris Williams

77. Jay Bower

78. Christopher Bird

79. Tom Daniels

80. Bryan Alvarez

81. Nicolas Seafort

82. Justin Baidsen

83. Justin Shapiro

84. Carlos Mauhad

85. Pat Brower

86. Michael Tavares

87. Derek Burgan

88. John Keane

89. Robert Ortega

90. Phil Schneider

91. Alex Marvez

92. John C

93. Scott Christ

94. PK

95. Brian Garside

96. Tommy Fierro

97. Tim Whitehead

98. Steve Schroeder

99. Jeff Lynch

100. Fab Glitter

Can you be bothered now?

Actually, yes.  Thank you.

I don't recognize an awful lot of those names.  However, I do remember Scott Christ, who once stated he didn't like joshi because of the "yellow bitches dropping each other on their heads."

Hopefully, this is the same Scott Christ of Bad Left Hook who I follow on Twitter. He doesn't like many things. Quite a sourpuss.

Because this is wrestling and I am a terrible human being - I went through the list again thinking "How many people on here are dead?"

Georgianne Makropoulos is the only one I know for sure but there are a couple of others I question.

I'm in possession of a Scott Keith book "autographed" by Flea. No recollection of how I came to own this treasured artifact but like, at some point, that was someone's idea of a good time?

I feel like I'm a decade too late. I could have ruined these creepy weirdo's lives.

Christ, I can't decide if FSW vs. Shannon might be the greatest internet spectacle of all time, or the subject of a future "Ripped from the headlines" SVU episode.

Sigh.  Google gives us everything but what we need.  Here is an interview with Eric S.

In October 2001, I was fired from The Smarks for saying certain things that people didn't appreciate about September 11th, specifically about the fact that I was happy that ultra-right-wing columnist Barbara Olsen was killed in the attack on the Pentagon (my readers now know this incident as "l'affaire Babs").

I don't care about anyone's politics but being glad someone is dead is sad even for the internet. Looking at some of the stuff in this thread it is no wonder HHH hates internet wrestling fans.