DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R1 Match 28: KANA vs. ROLLINS

Seth Rollins vs. Kana  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one.

I really dig Kana's MMA transitions and the way she works holds.  That being said, Rollins had a breakout year as a worker and character as the guy who would sacrifice himself for his teammates and it was just too damn cool to vote against here.  Kana is super fun though.  SUPER fun.  She is someone I would go out of my way to see going forward.

I really didn't think I was going to like Seth Rollins, but he's become the best Jeff Hardy ever, but even that kind of feels like an insult. I probably shouldn't have even voted Kana, but I already clicked the button.

Its okay Jae, I feel like I should have voted Kana but I already pressed the button for Seth so it all comes out in the wash.  These two are wicked close to me.

I might push to have Rollins win this entire thing.

Has anyone been in as many great matches as he has this part year? There are a near infinite amount of Shield trios stuff. He was in a ridiculous amount of great tag matches -- including him and Reigns against Cody/Dustin. Their two matches were my favorite matches from last year. I think the first tag match at SummerSlam for their jobs was my favorite tag match since that one Clash where Ricky Steamboat appeared and tagged w/ Dustin against The Enforcers. I liked the Raw match better because it was masterfully tied into every other important angle at the time, but the first one was pretty much perfect.

The dude was also just in what's a Match Of The Decade type of thing and what will probably end up as the best free TV match of the year as part of the best feud in ages.

I never saw him on the indies. I really liked his stuff as a henchman, screaming stuff like "WE'RE GOING TO END YOUR CAREER BRYAN!" with his raspy voice. But he's just stepped up so much the past few months as The Architect holding things together.

I really would like to see him in another tag team after The Shield runs its course. I'd love to see him in a babyface tag team with someone like Sami Zayn. The dude is on a career arc to becoming one of the great tag workers of all-time.

He's seriously everything I love about wrestling.

• Like 1

Has anyone been in as many great matches as he has this part year? There are a near infinite amount of Shield trios stuff. He was in a ridiculous amount of great tag matches -- including him and Reigns against Cody/Dustin. Their two matches were my favorite matches from last year. I think the first tag match at SummerSlam for their jobs was my favorite tag match since that one Clash where Ricky Steamboat appeared and tagged w/ Dustin against The Enforcers. I liked the Raw match better because it was masterfully tied into every other important angle at the time, but the first one was pretty much perfect.

The dude was also just in what's a Match Of The Decade type of thing and what will probably end up as the best free TV match of the year as part of the best feud in ages.

I never saw him on the indies. I really liked his stuff as a henchman, screaming stuff like "WE'RE GOING TO END YOUR CAREER BRYAN!" with his raspy voice. But he's just stepped up so much the past few months as The Architect holding things together.

I really would like to see him in another tag team after The Shield runs its course. I'd love to see him in a babyface tag team with someone like Sami Zayn. The dude is on a career arc to becoming one of the great tag workers of all-time.

What are your thoughts on Kana?

What are your thoughts on Kana?

I have none and am not voting in this round. Not voting in rounds for people I don't know but am gladly using the tournament as a means to use my voice on wrestlers I enjoy. Why do you want to crush my rights to freedom-of-speech?

I like Rollins but he is the lesser member in the Shield. Kana is the only joshi to come along in the last few years that is worth a shite. Her kicks and her general offence looks brutal. Rollin's kicks and general offence looks really poor. Excellent bumper though.

It's Kana.

Rollins also has two or three excellent singles matches against Bryan, which gives him a bit of an edge over his Shield brethren (although Reigns did have that great match with Punk.)

Rollins also has two or three excellent singles matches against Bryan, which gives him a bit of an edge over his Shield brethren (although Reigns did have that great match with Punk.)

He has the best argument of anyone not named Cesaro or Bryan on the E side imo: Problem is he's in a block with Cesaro, which is... not good.

This was so unfair.  Would have voted Rollins over 90% of the folks in here, but not Kana.

She deserves better.  Next year pair her against Xavier Woods so he'd get bodied like he will next weekend (he's getting time off from WWE to enter a fighting game tourney)

• Like 1

I actually think you can make a case for any of the three guys being the best guy in The Shield.  I really don't think anyone has distinguished themselves as clearly better if you are looking over the long haul of their run and considering all factors. 

I always thought Seth Rollins was god awful on the mic (in ROH and in the early days of the Shield). His whiny voice really did it for me.

But last Thursday he really showed how much he has improved. He really carried that segment and was pretty damn good. Slowly becoming the all-rounder in the Shield. I can see him getting a Jeff Hardy/Edge like run later on in his carreer.

If you told me two years ago I would be casting votes in favor of Tyler Black, I woulda kicked you squar in the nuts. Dude has won me over, an example of "WWE-izing" a guy being the best thing for him,