DVDVR Message Board

New Japan Cup 2014 Pick'em and Results!

Kevin Wilson

I got equally burnt by Fale over Makabe.

Was is Fale over Togi or over Nakanishi? Purolove says it's Nakanishi. Which sucks if true as I wouldn't pick Nakanishi over any heavyweight at this point. Well maybe Captain New Japan.

I got equally burnt by Fale over Makabe.

Was is Fale over Togi or over Nakanishi? Purolove says it's Nakanishi. Which sucks if true as I wouldn't pick Nakanishi over any heavyweight at this point. Well maybe Captain New Japan.

Fair question, when I posted the results I noticed that too, so I double checked the pictures from the NJ site.  Definitely Makabe.

Bad Luck Fale and Shelton Benjamin are potential New Japan Cup finalists. Factually. IRL. I just hope whoever advances gets strong style punched into an oblivion of trading wins against YOSHI-HASHI in random six man tags.

So, it wrong I now kinda hope Benjamin makes the final so Nakamura can Boma Ye his head off, then when Nakamura takes the IC shot against Tanahashi instead of the Heavy against Okada, Okada can Rainmaker Benjamin back to the midcard six-man's.

For the record doesn't look good for any of you sad saps winning the pick'em.  Start thinking about the Champion Carnival so that you do better on that one.   ;)  Since that is a separate tournament I may make a separate prize just for DVDVR so that someone actually wins something.