DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R1 Match 14 RYBACK vs. HARRY SMITH

RYBACK vs. SMITH  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

I like him in just about everything. His Nakamura match is also good times.

His Tiger Suplex is about the prettiest version of the mover ever. You can see him pressing his chest against their back to keep their shoulders down. It's fucking awesome.

Davey making Bullet Club matches watchable in any instance give him massive amounts of bonus points.  Kinda wish him and Benjiman were the Suzuki-gun tag team instead of him and Archer, but hey, Shelton's not around all the time.

Ryback's only real good stuff this year involved Heyman, which is less than Davey's good stuff.

Kinda wish him and Benjiman were the Suzuki-gun tag team instead of him and Archer, but hey, Shelton's not around all the time.

why i dont post on the puro board despite watching new japan regularly

yall crazy

EDIT: seriously what is with the lance archer hate, he's one of my favorite dudes to watch in NJ and has been almost since he got there

• Like 1

It could just be that Archer doesn't have the chops to overcome the black hole of suck that is Bullet Club the way Smith and Suzuki do so I'm thinking Shelton is better suited.  

Harry Smith rounded into a pretty good wrestler. Ryback is great on Twitter, as others have said, so there's that, but otherwise, Smith wins this outright.

Ryback is definitely better asa bully heel than he was as monster babyface... But he had one great match with Cena, a couple really good ones with Bryan, an okay one with Punk, and?

Davey making Bullet Club matches watchable in any instance give him massive amounts of bonus points.  Kinda wish him and Benjiman were the Suzuki-gun tag team instead of him and Archer, but hey, Shelton's not around all the time.

Ryback's only real good stuff this year involved Heyman, which is less than Davey's good stuff.

To be fair it wasn't the full Bullet Club experience as there was only one guy constantly interfering instead of five.

Ryback seemed to find a niche this year and has been at least entertaining as the meathead who hands about with Genesis McGuillicuty.

Not a patch on DH Smith's year though, he was influential in getting me back into New Japan and his Nakamura match (assuming the same one Jae referenced) was pretty much awesome.

I like Davey Boy so no problem with him going over here, but voted Ryback for the following bits of great entertainment from the past year.

Ryback-tweet-GIF-001.gif

Though I would vote for Lance Archer, that dude rules, is super underrated and should've been a star in the WWE.