DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R1 Match 13 SHEAMUS vs. ZAYN

GINGER STYLE BATTL GO!  

95 members have voted

1. 1. BROGUE vs. OLE!

I would say his ceiling is IC title/guy in a chamber match who won't win and his floor is half of a tag team.

So he's Curt Hennig/Ricky Steamboat?

Man. I remember when I was a kid, the IC title was all any of us ever cared about. This would have been the nicest thing you could have said about someone.

Dude for real.

Actually it makes me wonder what it means to be an IC level guy now. Back in the day that would have meant upper-mid card guy. Razor Ramon. Mr. Perfect. Now it means no one remembers who the champion is until some one comes out with the belt on. 

Sheamus. I agree that zayn's offence still looks a bit indy, and sheamus blows him away in that respect. His strength is 'solidness' and believability for me. I'd also agree that zayn is better at character though, so it wasnt clear cut. I guess I prioritise the former over the latter in my prowres.

Also I'm not keen on the concept of 'carrying' but I felt like zayn's purpose in the cesaro match was to be the skinny guy cesaro could do ridiculous shit to.

It's funny, as much as everyone goes to the mat for the Cesaro matches, I actually enjoyed Zayn-Dallas way more because the crowd was invested beyond the point of "This is awesome!" chants and into "If Zayn doesn't beat Bo Dallas than my life is over" territory, and then Dallas went over and it was glorious.

I guess, what I'm trying to say, is if your entire basis for voting for/against Zayn is because of the Cesaro matches, then you should have watched much more Zayn last year because he had good to great matches against all sorts of guys, not just Tony C.

Revenge for last year! GO SAMI!

Last year I said I would vote Generico over ANYONE cause to me he was truly the best around.

He's not magically better this year cause of no mask or WWE style (hope he always keeps his "indyness" that has been crapped on here) or whatever.

He's been this awesome in-ring for YEARS.

This year, he competes with the CAREER years of Cesaro & Goldust so...while I'm still of the opinion of Sami being the best thing going, I can't honestly have the same voting strategy I did last year. He's reinvented himself quite nicely and that makes for a damn good year in itself but the best is yet to come.

Wish I could quote myself from last year's March Madness (can't due to that board being down) where I said, once the guy got on WWE TV, he would be much more appreciated.

#WWEBias  ;)  :P