DVDVR Message Board

what do you want to see

jchap82

After watching the Warriors greatest matches thing, I realized I would love to see different legends talking about their memorable matches or doing commentary over them.

They have actually started doing this in the mini inserts between shows called Behind The Match (or something like that). Caught one the other day with Booker T talking about his match on the final Nitro

I'd like to see the Early Prime time episodes with Monsoon & Ventura/ Monsoon & Heenan in the Studio featuring matches from the Main Houseshows

This should happen. They ran all the Prime Time episodes on Classics on Demand from at least early 1987 (that's when I first got the channel, so I'm assuming they started from the beginning) until late 1989 (when the channel ended and The Network began). In fact, I'm kinda surprised they're not up there already, although they were into late 1998 with ECW Hardcore TV on CoD but are only into 1994 on The Network.

I'd like WWE to continue to show their history and diversity. I'd like to see a documentary on the history of gays/lesbians/bisexuals in pro-wrestling. There is a lot of material I feel. Not so sure who WWE could get outside of Patterson, Sylvain Grenier, Orlando Jordan, Darren Young, and Steve Lombardi. Two of the five mentioned might not even want to do it as they might not want to be publicly outed. What about interviews with guys who played gay gimmicks (Goldust, Rico, Bill Gunn, etc.) and how that impacted their careers and what they learned from those gimmicks (the good and the bad). I think there is a story to be told here. WWE would have to cover the 'dark period' of how Kanyon was treated when he came out.

I want Championship Wrestling from Florida, episodically, in order from the beginning to the end. I will settle for nothing less. I would also like to rewatch ECW on TNN and listen to the Jackyl bag on skatejam.

ECW on TNN would be fun as would Main Event Pro and Worldwide episodes. A live broadcast of the annual MSG December house show would be cool too. And specials chronicling the internatial tours.

Yeah, I don't see any reason why WWE isn't running any SPECIAL shows on the network. House shows viewings have been mentioned, but I'd also like for WWE to have a WWE Network only PPV. No need to jack up the card and ruin potential long term angles. But use it as a platform outside the WWE canon. A perfect time to bring back people like Morrison, Carlito, and Masters. Hell run a 5 on 5 traditional Survivor Series mainevent. Put someone like Ryder on commentary for a night to switch things up. Toss in a gimmick match and a random main event that just some how works (this mainevent should have no real stakes), and its gold.

Yeah, I don't see any reason why WWE isn't running any SPECIAL shows on the network. House shows viewings have been mentioned, but I'd also like for WWE to have a WWE Network only PPV. No need to jack up the card and ruin potential long term angles. But use it as a platform outside the WWE canon. A perfect time to bring back people like Morrison, Carlito, and Masters. Hell run a 5 on 5 traditional Survivor Series mainevent. Put someone like Ryder on commentary for a night to switch things up. Toss in a gimmick match and a random main event that just some how works (this mainevent should have no real stakes), and its gold.

Basically do their own One Night Only series?